Standard lighting

Cam

Am I night blind or is the standard lighting on my 1150GS S*it!

Riding out on unlit roads last night for the first time (on this bike!)
low beam........could see great for 30-40 yards but beyond that...F*ck all.
High seemed O.K
would do a direct comparison with my Buell but the exhaust fell off that last weekend.......sure i could see better on that though.

Do I need to see an optician?:cool:

Cam said:
Do I need to see an optician?:cool:

Taking those sunglasses would be a start :D

There's nothing wrong with the lighting on the GS - it's purely down to your crap eyesight. Unfortunately, everyone else that rides GSes suffers from the same defect in their vision......

Do a search for 'Lighting' and settle down for a loooonngg read...

Mike:)

Your optician speaking

Here's what you need:

3.hellaff50.jpg

Cam,
I had my headlamp set up by a dealer and there is a notiicable improvement. I would say it was adequate for 80 - 90 mph driving.
You have a Buell I see. I am thinking of buying an XB12R. Have you any experience? I have road tested one and quite liked it.

I can feel miGSel tugging at my credit card

Cheers guys,

Will dig in and do some reading.

Steve,
I run a 97 S1.......... not tried the New XB12 but as far as Buells go, I think you either love them or hate them.

Checkout www.ukbeg.com ........ Very friendly bunch & there seems to be an increasing presence on this site :D

Cam, Thank you I will have a look.
Sorry I forgot to say that I have a pair of H1 Vision Plus bulbs fitted - part #OTH1BLP @ £23.99 the pair.

HID solution

I installed a pair of HID Xenon lamps, along w/ the required ballasts and ingniters. It has made a tremendous difference. I used the Bohmen 5000K kit from www.proxenon.com. I chose this kit because the kit had seperate ballasts/igniters, so I could install the ballasts under the tank w/ just the small igniters up near the headlights. Visibility at night is great, and w/ the high beam on, it is amazing.
If I could figure out how to insert a photo, I would include a photo of the area below the RID so you could see that it is a pretty clean installation.

Back
Top Bottom