DZR 400

Timpo is there a thread on ukgser for the Cambrian Rally? I've downloaded the details and it looks like a great weekend - was wondering if anybody else on here is going? I see 1150GS's do it. What's the cut-of-date for registration?

Loads are doing it, and there is a thread here somewhere.....?
Last I heard was that the entries were still open, it closes when full, not cut-off dates as such.
We'll be camping at the Llandovery Rugby Club.
Give Bob Jeffries a PM if you need more info.

Timpo

Yeah I know you're having a chuckle ... :p

That Normandie trip looks special - I really want to explore France "off-road" but it's knowing where to start. I'd be up for Dinan as well. :thumb2

How many people do you usually have going?

Timpo is a little mental you know? He shot down a particularly bad road at Wales and I raced down to keep up. Next thing I'm over the top. Great fun. :D

We did the Dinan thing after hearing from some of the lads in Jersey via the TBM forum had been there.

There were some great tracks around a couple of rivers and numerous others that I marked on my Quest.

The best laugh was playing in one of the forests,which covers an area of about 20 sq miles.

Only myself and a mate who is also the local KTM dealer went last time but there are 4 or 5 up for it next time.Plus the Jersey boys said they would meet up too.

But I traded in my EXC for the Superduke.

The EXC is still in the showroom so I might just buy it back,though I do like the look of the 08 models-makes the 07s look out of date.

I had the all new (for 07) 250 F :

It was a revelation offroad,having previously had a 450.The 250 only weighs 107kg compared to 115 for the 450 and it revs like a 2 stroke,with amazing power for 'just' a 250.For 08 the 250 is 2 kgs lighter yet.But for 08,the 450 has an all new motor.Decisions !!My mate is putting the new 450 on demo this week so I will have a play and see.

Is this guy the run leader?
I take it that these runs are free, just like all of mine?:augie

Timpo.

As I'm sure you know,Chris Evans is one of the leading lights in organising the Dakar race and his offroad tours are supposed to be legendary.

The idea is to do the Normandie with him and then we can go and do the same routes on our own next time !

France

Manny,

Prob loads of us on the site who off-road with Timpo et al and would be very interested in a visit to the French forests.

Keep us all posted if there is a trip in the planning open to a few more of us!

Cheers, Rick.

ps Sorry for the thread hi-jack!

Manny,

Prob loads of us on the site who off-road with Timpo et al and would be very interested in a visit to the French forests.

Keep us all posted if there is a trip in the planning open to a few more of us!

Cheers, Rick.

ps Sorry for the thread hi-jack!

Ok,will do.

Back
Top Bottom