Anyone got a Touratech IMO?

Dave Hall

Reaction score
I like the look of these little suckers and its a gadget I have`nt got.
Are they any good (accurate, reliable etc)?

Yup, I've got one Dave, and I like it.

IMG_1692.JPG

It's accurate and reliable alright.

The speed it indicates is determined by the wheel circumference you enter. I have set it close to the real gps speed.

Very handy if you're following a roadbook. You can reset the distance since your last turn with one push of a button and you can adjust the total distance driven.

There's a bunch of different odometers, you can see oil temperature and battery voltage, distance since your last fill-up, economy on you previous tank.

The only less accurate thing about it is the outside temperature.

If you get one, make sure you take the remote control too, because you'll end up using only half the features if you don't. I have wired an old radio remote off een LT, but TT sells their own.

It sounds good Michel
I have a cycle unit which uses a magnet and sensor..does the IMO use the same principal?.
I thought about trying it on my GS.
What circumfrence have you used ?(assuming you have a tourance fitted)

Yes, it's a magnet and sensor too. I have fitted it like this:

imo_sensor.jpg

The magnet is in a bolt that holds the ABS ring (11 o'clock on the pic). You need to order that separately if you want one, the IMO is supplied with a smal adhesive magnet. You also need an adapter that holds the oil temperature sensor, to fit the oil drain hole on the 1150.

Circumference set to 2085 mm. This gives you a speed about 2% below the gps speed. With Tourances.

Michel..I`ve had a look at your website and I see you have an aluminium mounting ring on your dash....Where did you source that from?

It's home made Dave. At least I did the measuring and design work, then I had it machined and anodized. First I had one for the IMO only, then I extended the mounting plate to fix the GPS too. Position is much better than on the handlebars! You don't need to take your eyes off the road like this.

As you may suspect, I had a few extra made too :D

If you want one, let me know...

Dave, I had one on an XR600. Good bit of kit.
If you connect the rev counter wire, persevere with the ajustment on the resistor screw and keep it in place with something like nail varnish. This isn't as permenant as superglue and allows fine tuning. My rev counter was accurate when cold but as the engine warmed up, it halfed in value so it took a bit of fettling. Mind you there's a bloody great big one on th BM, so you probably won't need to wire it in! I wish I hadn't sold mine with the XR.

Here's the magnet that fits the ABS ring holes:
TT part no. 01-015-0043-0 / 7 EUR
01-015-0043-01.jpg

And the oil temperature sensor adapter:
TT part no. 01-015-0052-0 / 6 EUR
01-015-0052-01.jpg

Their Rallye 5 remote control:
TT part no. 01-015-0027-0 / 107 EUR
01-015-0027-01.jpg

I don't know exactly what else you need with that. You need to create room for it by fitting a shorter handlebar weight I believe.

Cheers,
Michel

Back
Top Bottom