LOW SEAT 1200 ADV ADVISE PLEASE

pmk

Reaction score
Does anyone know how high the low seat is once fitted to the 1200 ADV please.
I know its 820 on the standard GS.

The ADV is 40mm higher than the standard, so I'd say 860mm.

im 5.7 29ins leg. i have owend a 1200gs 25k happy miles. now want a GSA. been for a test ride. just need another inch or so closer to the ground. rode on low seat, just wondred how high it was.

im 5.7 29ins leg. i have owend a 1200gs 25k happy miles. now want a GSA. been for a test ride. just need another inch or so closer to the ground. rode on low seat, just wondred how high it was.

Hi,

I do have an ADV and use it with lower GS seat.

I can also use it with std ADV seat ant suspension on the softer position for solo riding and with topcase.

Try with softer suspension at first and after running it in, when it loosens up, put it harder little by little.

I am 1,70 mts and weight 72 kilos and am doing fine with ADV. Well when offroad allways with lower seat!!!

Regards

Fran

I have just ordered a new gsa from Woollastons in Northampton.
I am 5ft 10 but have 29inch leg too. He has promised me an ultra low seat? Now they either make these for the 2008 gsa or he is fitting a standard gs seat. Either way he says the bike will be no problem for me.Good luck

I had a 07 GSA and found the standard seat with lowest setting was okay; but whilst getting used to the weight and size purchased a low GS seat and fitted it - gave me around the inch/inch and half you are requesting enabled me to flat foot rather than balls of feet.

And I have it up for sale at the moment; and its both parts front and back so keeps the GSA seats perfect for when you want them back on the bike!

The add is posted on the forum here:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130786

Regards

Jerome

Back
Top Bottom