Beginners Off Road Weekend in Spain - An alternative to wales

• Thread starter Deleted Member I
  • Start date

Deleted Member I

For a similar or just a little more cost than the Level one BMW course .. you can goto Southern Spain.

The providers of which I have found 4 so far .. are more tour operators but they all provide training of some sort. They all claim to be 100% beginners friendly.

They offer weekend trips that include most things (accommodation, Breakfast, Lunch, transfers to and from airport, bike rental, kit rental)

Price starts at £299 for a 3 nights, 2 riding days weekend. You need to add flight cost, airport car parking cost, evening meal and drinks cost, personal travel insurance cost to it.

Either Spring or Autumn seem to be the best time.

Anyone interested?

BTW .. this is NOT an EXPERT off roading thing. It is NOT a tour of Spain. It is NOT the cheapest option.

It is however a very serious alternative to the BMW school .. which I had bad experience of. Price of that is £449.

Do it in the pissing rain in large groups .. or do it in sunny Spain in smaller groups? :nenau

In Valencia

There is also the possibility of offroading on the ex BMW-Motorrad offroad school in Spain. It is close to Valencia. You could think on flying to Valencia or Alicante were you can rent a GS from Hertz and spend the weekend offroading in the most gorgeous area you can imagine. More than 1500 kms of traks. This is were a lot of grouos from all over Europe come to enjoy bikes.

I have personally spent two weekends with them and a whole week and the facilities are rally good!!!

If anyone is interested send me a PM or e-mail. Thay are Good People.

Best Regards

Fran

fran"at"pescafria"dot"com Change "at" with @ and "dot" with .

May well be up for this:thumb2

Yes I know I'm not a complete beginner at this off road malarkey but a few easy days larking about in the sun relearning some of the basics sounds like fun.
Especially if riding there and back and having a play on the trails around the Sierra Nevada whilst there (and maybe a quick blat round the Picos on the way back):D

Any idea on dates Tom?

May well be up for this:thumb2

Yes I know I'm not a complete beginner at this off road malarkey but a few easy days larking about in the sun relearning some of the basics sounds like fun.
Especially if riding there and back and having a play on the trails around the Sierra Nevada whilst there (and maybe a quick blat round the Picos on the way back):D

Any idea on dates Tom?

NOthing definitive as yet. Either Spring or Autumn seems to be the best time.

I'm taking delivery of my first GS (an Adventure) on 1st April (maybe that's a bad omen and I should wait till the 2nd!) and would like to get some basic off-road skills using someone elses bikes.

Was about to book the UK BMW course, however like the idea of Spain assuming that there is a reasonable training content and not just trail riding.

Do you have any more info' on the tour operators so that I can do a bit of research?

In principle I'm game for an April/May kick-off.

Cheers Howard

I have parked the idea at the moment .. as it looks like it will be nearer Autumn before I would go.

Too close now to my big trip .. then have to see if I have the money for it.

Companies are
Red Tread
Andulucian tours

wow... this sounds interesting.... We were thinking of doing a KTM or BMW weekend this year.... But Spain.... Now that sounds good :thumb

Any more details on offer? numbers allowed, bike types, kit hire, etc....

cheers

I have parked the idea at the moment .. as it looks like it will be nearer Autumn before I would go.

Too close now to my big trip .. then have to see if I have the money for it.

Companies are
Red Tread
Andulucian tours

I've done Redtread in Spain and the BMW Level 1 and a couple of the Day ridings on the Brecon with the BMW boys.

Redtread is definitely the warmer option. They have their base in Competa about 45 mins from Malaga. Ian and Sally run the place. Very good accommodation onsite and they look after you well. We had a right lark for four days with them back last year. Days out riding and evenings eating and drinking and telling tall stories in the bars in Competa.

The BMW course is better for training as they go through all the basics with you whereas at Redtread you get given your steed - DR400's when we did it but I think they have CRF450's now - and ride it follow my leader style. But Ian does a very good job in giving advice on your riding style.

Paul

07 XChallenge

Beginners Off Road Weekend in Spain - An alternative to Wales.

Why waste money on these expensive courses?
How can Spain be an alternative to Wales? It's no where near....

Trail rides in Wales can be catered for, free of charge by myself.
All levels of skill are catered for, tuition and advice is free.
All you have to do is send me a PM and I will fit you in to one of my rides.

And by the way, nobody gets left behind.......

Timpo.

Beginners Off Road Weekend in Spain - An alternative to Wales.

Why waste money on these expensive courses?
How can Spain be an alternative to Wales? It's no where near....

Trail rides in Wales can be catered for, free of charge by myself.
All levels of skill are catered for, tuition and advice is free.
All you have to do is send me a PM and I will fit you in to one of my rides.

And by the way, nobody gets left behind.......

Timpo.

Got any spare bikes you could lend us as well? For a suitable amount of beer tokens, of course.

Got any spare bikes you could lend us as well? For a suitable amount of beer tokens, of course.

Same here! No suitable bike :blast

Although the Suzuki school in Devon looks good .. promoted in this month's RiDE.

You own a GS for goodness sake.
Get yourself down to Salisbury plain for a weekends riding, saw Bake's mate Paul today and he said he would always be happy to lead a group, the guy knows the place like the back of his hand.

You own a GS for goodness sake.
Get yourself down to Salisbury plain for a weekends riding, saw Bake's mate Paul today and he said he would always be happy to lead a group, the guy knows the place like the back of his hand.
Join us then? I'd be up for some of that. :)

Been there a couple of times, but wouldn't mind going again. When it's dry. ;)

Hello people. My first post on this forum.

Try http://www.andaluciantrailtours.com/. The guy who runs it is a really nice guy and is an ex-IAM instructor. I've been out riding with him as a friend, not a client, but I've met his clients before and they all have a great time. They do courses for novices and advanced off-roading.

There's lots of photos and videos on their site. I've just put a link to them on my site - http://www.moto-andalucia.com/article/Andalucian_Trail_Tours.

I'm not affiliated with Andalucian Trail Tours in any way but I've met some of the other tour companies out here and we feel they don't always have the clients best interests at heart.

For a similar or just a little more cost than the Level one BMW course .. you can goto Southern Spain.

The providers of which I have found 4 so far .. are more tour operators but they all provide training of some sort. They all claim to be 100% beginners friendly.

They offer weekend trips that include most things (accommodation, Breakfast, Lunch, transfers to and from airport, bike rental, kit rental)

Price starts at £299 for a 3 nights, 2 riding days weekend. You need to add flight cost, airport car parking cost, evening meal and drinks cost, personal travel insurance cost to it.

Either Spring or Autumn seem to be the best time.

BTW .. this is NOT an EXPERT off roading thing. It is NOT a tour of Spain. It is NOT the cheapest option.

It is however a very serious alternative to the BMW school .. which I had bad experience of. Price of that is £449.

Do it in the pissing rain in large groups .. or do it in sunny Spain in smaller groups? :nenau

Can recommend this very highly indeed.
Went with 4 mates at the start of the month had an absolutely cracking time!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Hello people. My first post on this forum.

Try http://www.andaluciantrailtours.com/. The guy who runs it is a really nice guy and is an ex-IAM instructor. I've been out riding with him as a friend, not a client, but I've met his clients before and they all have a great time. They do courses for novices and advanced off-roading.

There's lots of photos and videos on their site. I've just put a link to them on my site - http://www.moto-andalucia.com/article/Andalucian_Trail_Tours.

I'm not affiliated with Andalucian Trail Tours in any way but I've met some of the other tour companies out here and we feel they don't always have the clients best interests at heart.

These were the guys we went with. Trev aka the Flying Carrot is a top bloke:thumb:thumb:thumb

Timpo,
ime up for another ride, if youve got any dates fixed i can do weekdays as well as weekends depending on shifts, heres hopin

ferret

Back
Top Bottom