Barcelona/Menorca?

Yes...............

About 8.5 hours, from 2200hrs sailing......

This is the ferry company:

http://www.trasmediterranea.es/homei.htm

Nice ferry/cabins/bar/food........

Wouldn't necessarily recommend Menorca as a 'biking destination...it's as flat as a pancake, except for Monte Torro....

Roads not bad, big EU funded re-building programme underway at present....summer traffic consists mainly of foreign tourists driving unfamiliar LHD rent-a-cars whilst under the influence of sangria.......

I would, however, recommend Mallorca (ferry also from Barcelona)....a much bigger island with great 'biking roads to the north & west of Palma......it's easy to get away from the tourists and enjoy the fabulous scenery.....

(I'm biased, 'cos I lived there for a year after retiring from the eclop.....with just a R100RS fror company!!)

Not for Bikes

I have to agree with the Dutchman. Menorca is a really nice place for sailing and swimming but not for bikes. Theres only the one road from Mahon to Ciededella (spelling) which is a straight line.

Lovelly Gin though.;)

AndyT

Never been myself. I think it's a family holiday and he is going to ride down and enjoy it and then spend quality time with them, then have a nice ride home whilst they fly!

Back
Top Bottom