G450X clutch

ovenpaa

Reaction score
The clutch seems noisy, in fact it reminds me of a Ducati clutch, anyone else noticed this?

With 500kms/10 hours on it

You lucky lad.......
I haven't had chance to get to the 1st service interval yet......:eek:
The age old oil confusion isn't helped by this bike manual either........
'use only mineral oil' in a 10w40 weight motorcycle oil (wet clutch), like that's readily available.......lfii!
Castrol GPS semi 10w40 is what has been in my trail bikes for years now, and never had any issues, so quess what.......:augie

I still think it looks the dogs bollocks........
And today I did the thing I said i wouldn't.........:blast

Timpo.:thumb

I run mine on Castrol Power 1 GPS 4T 10W-40 which is a Semi-Synthetic as recommended by the BM Techs, be warned if you service it yourself, it will take maybe 0.9 litres at most and the sheet calls for 1.05 litres (from memory)

Must admit to sticking the black graphics set on mine and it looks very nice now, it seems to make it look less clunky. I kept mine off full power for the first 5 hours and the plug makes a real difference, it is smoother, far more responsive and rips tyres to shreds in seconds :blast

It is also bloody quick, it seems pretty good to GPS on speed and I hit 90 in the rain this morning, it does tend to wobble a bit at that speed tho'

All in all a fun thing, I am off to DK for my planned 160kms on sand in December and cannot wait.

Well a bit like this but dirtier and with a standard can so far, I will take some pictures this weekend when I get my hand guards fitted (Rally Pro) I am still torn between Remus and Ackro systems, there is a huge difference in price and I do wonder what they sound like, for the first time ever BMW seem to have made a system that sounds good, pity it is so feckin ugly...

2912978240_abdc88249b.jpg

Well a bit like this but dirtier and with a standard can so far, I will take some pictures this weekend when I get my hand guards fitted (Rally Pro) I am still torn between Remus and Ackro systems, there is a huge difference in price and I do wonder what they sound like, for the first time ever BMW seem to have made a system that sounds good, pity it is so feckin ugly...

Oh. My. God. :drool

1.15 liter says the manual with oil filter.
but then the whole glass is full.

1.15 liter says the manual with oil filter.
but then the whole glass is full.
Did you lean the bike away from the filler point to get the oil in? Even after running the bike for a 30 seconds a couple of times and filling it to the top of the filler hole it would not take more than 0.9 litres. :nenau

I meant In the manuel it says 1.15 liter of oil when you change the oil with the filter.
(the 2 hour service was done by dealer)

But when i check the level the whole oilcheck glass was full, and not half as mentioned in the manuel.

I meant In the manuel it says 1.15 liter of oil when you change the oil with the filter.
(the 2 hour service was done by dealer)

But when i check the level the whole oilcheck glass was full, and not half as mentioned in the manuel.
I was with the BMW techs for the first service and they tried every trick in the book to get any more than 0.9 litres in and in the end gave me a can of oil to top up with later on, I did not add any additional oil as the level never dropped.

Interestingly the cleanable filters can be swapped over but are different so make sure you do not get them mixed up if you do it yourself.

Awesome decals, did u order them direct from Speedbrain, Germany?

I think we need to arrange an appointment in the immediate future for you Jason......... :augie

There is a demo bike available to HP2 poster beneficiaries. :augie

You're chap - I need to get that organised and may need to talk to you about how much a Dakar is worth in part ex :augie

And thanks for the poster - it looks awesome! I owe you a beer :beerjug:

You're chap - I need to get that organised and may need to talk to you about how much a Dakar is worth in part ex :augie

And thanks for the poster - it looks awesome! I owe you a beer :beerjug:

PM'ed you.

Let me know the Dakar info & I'll come back with a cost to change.

We may well be stocking the Speedbrain products in the near future (graphics kits & riding gear).

Awesome decals, did u order them direct from Speedbrain, Germany?
I was all set to order from Speedbrain.de but actually paying them was a PITA so I mentioned it to Woolaston's, they ordered them and had them in stock in under a week and and buying via them was a lot cheaper than Speedbrain as well.

be warned if you service it yourself, it will take maybe 0.9 litres at most and the sheet calls for 1.05 litres (from memory)

Ovenpaa, you've not done somehting correctly if that is all the oil you can get in....

I have just done first service and front sprocket (15 out, 14 in taking 30 minutes for first attempt).
1150ml of oil went in, exactly as the manual said.
Changed paper filter element and both gauze strainers.
I put it 1000ml and ran engine until hot, until fan came on, then left running for a further minute, then topped up with 150ml. The level is exactly as described in manual.
All the o-rings were used from the service pack.

Timpo.

perhaps there's e bit of oil left behind in the engine?

hhmmm every body is driving 14 front... after sunday i will see if i change the 15 sprocket.

please tell you're experience with the 14 in front.

Back
Top Bottom