Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. New and secondhand BMW parts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Power commander

beemercarl

Power commander

Has anyone put a power commander on the R1200GS .

was it any good? Where did you get it from and how much was it.

Many thanks

Was North East, then bordered on North, now more Easterly
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    Haven't a clue.
    Never a truer word spoken!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by beemercarl View Post
    Has anyone put a power commander on the R1200GS .

was it any good? Where did you get it from and how much was it.

Many thanks
    I have a Wunderlich Power Controller which is pretty good but only serves to allow you to add fuel in 6 modes (throttle ranges/rpm bands)......Power Commanders are much more sophisticated with pretty much unlimited performance 'tuning' possibilities (with the aid of the right equipment and a dyno) or by 'uploading' preconfigured fuelling 'maps' to it from a laptop/PC via USB - so should perform even better.
    What mods have you done to your bike already? The more modified (exhaust, air filter, air intake etc) your bike the better the benefits of a Power Commander in tuning the bike.

Prices/distributors:
    http://www.dynojet.co.uk/powercommander/index.htm

R1200GS Power Commander 'Maps' (9 at the moment)

I'll be interested to hear from guys that have fitted a Power Commander as well..........might be tempted to upgrade from the Wunderlich unit :-)

Schtum - can't believe you've not got it fitted yet!
    www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk - Free Motorcycle Resources & Information + R1200GS Archive:
    .....and now Multistrada 1200 Info Pages also! and loads more :-)
    www.MTS1200.info
    ON-ROUTE motorcycle route & trip planner

beemercarl
    at this moment mybike is standard, thanks for the advice

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
    I have a Wunderlich Power Controller which is pretty good but only serves to allow you to add fuel in 6 modes (throttle ranges/rpm bands)......

The Wunderlich units are just re-labelled "Techlusion" units - available from the USA for about half the price.

If you read up on them (and the Power Commander) - you realise, that for most (if not - all) - that additional fuel is what is required due to the lean-running nature of modern engines.

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Senior Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I have fitted a Power Commander to mine, an 08 GSA. Really pleased with it. Vast improvements through out the rev range, just nice to ride, mid range grunt is fantastic. I bought it from Dynojet UK, they retail about £270, but they fitted mine and spent about 3 hours with it on the dyno creating a map which they will put on there website for downloading. Bike spec is K&N filter, Remus headers with std can.
    Well worth the money.

Prop

Was North East, then bordered on North, now more Easterly
    Quote Originally Posted by prop View Post
    I have fitted a Power Commander to mine, an 08 GSA. Really pleased with it. Vast improvements through out the rev range, just nice to ride, mid range grunt is fantastic. I bought it from Dynojet UK, they retail about £270, but they fitted mine and spent about 3 hours with it on the dyno creating a map which they will put on there website for downloading. Bike spec is K&N filter, Remus headers with std can.
    Well worth the money.

Prop
    Did you get a dual map - i.e. a map for each cylinder or just a single one?

Can it really make that much difference onyack

Spend the money on some decent training - you'll go much much faster than you will spending a shed load on a box of smoke and mirrors.....

Glitter Boy Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Budweiser View Post
    Can it really make that much difference onyack
    Yes. I had one on the VFR which made a big difference to the throttle response and mid range grunt.

Quote Originally Posted by beemercarl View Post
    at this moment mybike is standard, thanks for the advice
    Except for the twat riding it

Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    Yes. I had one on the VFR which made a big difference to the throttle response and mid range grunt.

Mike I meant to a GS I have one fitted to my Mille R and yes it makes a big difference

Glitter Boy Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Budweiser View Post
    Mike I meant to a GS I have one fitted to my Mille R and yes it makes a big difference
    Ahh....ok I'll let you know when I finally get round to fitting mine. I primarily got it because I was a bit concerned that with a full Remus fitted, my engine might be running a bit lean at times.

Senior Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

[QUOTE=Pressurized;1575134]Did you get a dual map - i.e. a map for each cylinder or just a single one?

I got a dual map. I was shocked at how lean the GSA was at certain revs. The map shows having to add 26% fuel at some points but also taking away 10% due to over fuelling in others.
    I was not chasing power just the fuelling being better. I think the 08's are worse than the older ones for fuelling and the tech guy said it is the worst 1200 boxer he has seen for lean running.
    It is a different bike now.

Prop

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast