450X Track Test

Ian Lynch

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be invitet by Southport Superbikes to try out the new 450X at a moto cross circuit near them.
As they admitted a moto cross circuit is not the ideal place to test it, but least it gives you an idea of its capabilities.
The track consisted of very deep sand which soon became deeply rutted, there was also a loop around the perimeter of the land which was deep mud, a little bit of bog, a bit of nadgery, short steep hills, flat out across a field, fast flat turns, then fast run onto one of the jumps on the track. the only thing missing was rocks and roots.

As a trail rider (when I get a chance),I was wondering how it would perform when just plodding along, and I'm very pleased to say it was great :thumb
It would pick up cleanly from walking pace, find traction easily, turned well at various speed, didn't flap or shake its bars and was well ballanced and light.

A couple of lads there where very handy and made the bike 'float' around the track, so it obviously works well at speed too.

Thanks very much to Roy, his team and Simon Pavey for hospitality :beerjug:

All I have to do now is start saving and partx my trusty XR400.

Lynchy :D

Back
Top Bottom