Go on then - next EA run

All looking good to me. :thumb2

Can't open the Garmin route though.

Now a bit :confused: Mr B you mentioned the Iceni run.

Is that from the Icey Knees group or the Brembo mob.?

Both confused and confusing - story of my life.

It was the run from April - just added to give the first waypoint.

Will post up fresh Garmin file when route is finalised.

T

you all have a great time :thumb2, i'll have to pass as its the wifes birthday !

dead will be i ,this try come to me hmmmm:augie

Sunday 28th sounds good to me count me in.
Could rv with jim in cambridge.

Looking good so far. Welcome along Dazza2. :D

I'll finish Garmin routes asap and post up, including a route to Stowmarket

HELP NEEDED!

Still need advice on where we can all get lunch around Orford. Bit off my usual patch and as there may well be 15 or so hungry Tossers, I fear for the safety of he local population.
smiley-eatdrink020.gif
smiley-eatdrink019.gif

Volunteer leaders for the routes please.

Garmin files

Garmin and GPX files for 28th.

Expect at least one foul up - I'm not great on detail.

Attachments

• 28 June GPS.zip
    62.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 28 June gpx.zip
    62.5 KB · Views: 50
Ok im in told the wife today and she had planned me to cook lunch (im a chef) for a few freinds and not to happy :blagblah

If everyone ok with RV for Cambridge at

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

anyone welcome to join

If it works ? if not as you look at google maps out the south of Cambridge the village of Sawston bit further and a roundabout with a BP and MC ds , If 9ish ok should only take 45 mins to get to Thetford.

Lunch in Orford is a bit of a no go a recomndation is the village of Aldeburgh just a quick nip up the coast , Has a very nice sandwich bar called muchies which is very good and two exellent Fish and Chip shops - Also a couple of Shops and a very nice beach !!!:) so bring the sunnys !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldeburgh

Hope this helps
Jim

Could i suggest stopping for lunch at "The Bell Inn" in Walberswick Near Southwold.Plenty of parking and a fairly large dinning area from what i remember.
bootiful location as well.

Darren

Pub for grub.

Looking good so far. Welcome along Dazza2. :D

I'll finish Garmin routes asap and post up, including a route to Stowmarket

HELP NEEDED!

Still need advice on where we can all get lunch around Orford. Bit off my usual patch and as there may well be 15 or so hungry Tossers, I fear for the safety of he local population.
smiley-eatdrink020.gif
smiley-eatdrink019.gif

Volunteer leaders for the routes please.

Mr B,
Not in Orford but maybe as past of a loop is the Ramsholt Arms (google it), down on the river below Orford, good food and ale. Probably best to book, esp if it is a sunny w/e as it gets crazy busy but plenty of parking.

Thanks for the suggestions. Favouring Aldeburgh. Bookings difficult as we never know how many will actually turn up.

At Snetterton all weekend so will correct and post routes Tuesday.

I'm free on Weds and might be up for a dry run. Anyone about?

T

just picked up on the run,

maybe able to make this, not sure fully at the moment,

mr Badger, what time were you thinking of on wednesday, as may have to be at work for 6pm, will know more over the weekend,

by the way could not open the route, in garmin format, anyone else having a problem,

just picked up on the run,

maybe able to make this, not sure fully at the moment,

mr Badger, what time were you thinking of on wednesday, as may have to be at work for 6pm, will know more over the weekend,

by the way could not open the route, in garmin format, anyone else having a problem,

Hi Paul

Weds may have to be a last minute decision (cracking sore throat) but I was thinking of starting off very early. Could meet up for a cuppa on the way if you fancy?

B

Hi Paul

Weds may have to be a last minute decision (cracking sore throat) but I was thinking of starting off very early. Could meet up for a cuppa on the way if you fancy?

B

ok, just let me know, need to get your way first,

like wise woke up with a sore throat,:blast

Hi folks,

Sorry about the low profile, but lots of interesting things going on over my way.:(

I am happy to meet at Boreham with any locals and lead up to Thetford. Probably a standard route as far as Sudbury, and then mainly quieter backroads to Thetford rather than the usual main ones.

I reckon that I will be at Boreham at around 8am, with a view to leaving by around 8:30 to get the Thetford by 10:15. If this sounds good then I look forward to seeing you.

As for the rest of the run, it looks bloody marvellous. The bugger is that I am not going to be able to go beyond Thetford as I have some stuff I need to deal with that I cannot get out of. Yet again I sow the seed, others do a cracking job developing it and I cannot benefit from it. Arse. :blagblah

See you on Sunday, anyway, even if not for the full event. :thumb

Matt

'Tis a bummer and no mistake, Monty...even as I type, mr badger is out there (in the sunshine, lucky badger!) checking out the final route/watering holes etc...

Hope what's taking you away isn't too grim...it'll be groovy to meet you for however long...:thumb2

'Tis a bummer and no mistake, Monty...even as I type, mr badger is out there (in the sunshine, lucky badger!) checking out the final route/watering holes etc...

Hope what's taking you away isn't too grim...it'll be groovy to meet you for however long...:thumb2

Thank you for your kind words Mrs B, and well done to Mr B for getting out there on such a lovely day and doing the hard work. I really love that part of our Region and I am totally gutted I cannot make more of this one. I will 100% make the next, when we can head inland somewhere...

Have we got some Essex folk who want to ride from Boreham to Thetford at around 8:30? I will be consuming a brekkie from about 8am (probably the evil golden arches of McD's). If not i will make my way straight to Thetford for a cuppa and a chat. :thumb

Matt

The Grand Plan

Attached are MapSource files in gbd and gpx formats for those interested. I’ve simplified the routes a bit, especially from Dunwich to Aldeburgh. I rode all the routes yesterday – bit of everything. Only sticky bit is crossing the A140.
<u4:p></u4:p><o:p></o:p>
Start points
<u4:p></u4:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Boreham Services
- Monty
Cambridge
- BikerJim.
<u4:p></u4:p>Norwich - Thickthorn Services - Mr B. 09.00 meet and off via Tacolneston, Banham, Garboldisham and on to Thetford. I’ll lead, Madame B to sweep, though it’s an easy enough route. Strictly bimbling 50 mins.
<u4:p> </u4:p>Main rendezvous - Thetford McDonald’s at 10.00 to leave at 10.30.
<u4:p></u4:p>N52 24.262 E0 43.592. Turn in at Sainsburys and follow the groaning of morning tossers.
<u4:p> </u4:p>3 Burrell Way, Thetford
<u4:p></u4:p>Then <u4:p></u4:p>Thetford to Dunwich – leg stretch, wee and coffee at beach cafe.
<u4:p></u4:p>Dunwich to Aldeburgh – free range lunch. There’s loads of chips and cafes etc in Aldeburgh. Parking will be difficult – try the section south of the town if you can’t get a slot on the road.
<u4:p></u4:p>Aldeburgh to Stowmarket – finish at the station car park and split off into 3 groups for home.
<o:p></o:p>
Usual disclaimers as printed on the bottom of the home page of the forum. Ride your own ride. Let’s all be nice ladies and gentlemen and show the usual levels of respect and care in the group. If you want to overtake in the pack, take care and don’t squeeze anyone. The horror of the metal, Cordura, gristle and lard alloy of a multiple tosser pile up just doesn’t bear thinking about.
<u4:p></u4:p>Haven’t had any volunteer route leaders yet so it looks like I’m at the front. God help us all! I’m not quick and I’m not always confident on unfamiliar roads so please be patient. Paul13 has volunteered for sweeper duties – any more?
We’ll use the customary drop off system. ‘We leave none behind’
My number from Friday eve for any queries (not my usual phone no.) is 07920 484 162<u4:p></u4:p><o:p></o:p>
See you all on Sunday
<u4:p></u4:p>Tim<u4:p></u4:p><o:p></o:p>

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]--><u4:p></u4:p><o:p></o:p>

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]--><u4:p></u4:p><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Attachments

• 28 June gps.zip
    98.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 28 June gpx.zip