G450X - Any had more than 70 hrs use yet?

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
Has anyone here had more than 70hrs use of their G450X yet?

Did you bother with the recommended 70hr engine strip down / inspect?

What were the findings?

Or are you not bothering, and waiting for something to go wrong?

Am asking as thinking of buying one for green laning, and a bit nervous if what I'm letting myself in for.

Thx.

Not got to the 70 Hour mark yet not sure what to do when it gets there probably do the same as I did with the KTM just run it until something goes wrong.

Brilliant bike you wont be disappointed and I have found it fairly cheap to run so far clocked up 40 hrs of use and all I have had to change is the chain and rear sprocket, about 4 sets of tyres and a couple a sets of brake pads

Windy

They all need maintenance.

Change your oil and filters regularly, i suspect if you are anything like most who buy these competition bikes then ride them once a month for 5 hours down green lanes, you will be fine.

I owned a KTMexc for about 3 years, never missed a beat, just regular maintenance.

Ive had the bmw 450 for 6 months likewise. behaved impecibaly on the aLto turia, which is a bit more than green laning !!

buy it, ride it, enjoy it.

If it breaks fix it.

Its a dirt bike, you will throw it down a lane at some point anyway. :bounce1

I wasn't going to do the 70 hrs service on my 450x as it costs a small fortune to get the main dealer to do it. I was going to bank the cash for any future problem that might have arisen with the bike whilst in my owership.

I do believe in clean air filters after every ride and over regular oil and filter changes as a good way to add longevity to the bikes engine.

If the 70 hr service is missed then thats the warranty gone. You only get 30 days warranty with a KTM anyway so its no big deal really.

Like I said I was going to bank the service cash for when or if the bike sh*t itself.

£500 plus is a fair chunk of cash to blow out on a service in my opinion.

Windy

They all need maintenance.

Change your oil and filters regularly, i suspect if you are anything like most who buy these competition bikes then ride them once a month for 5 hours down green lanes, you will be fine.

I owned a KTMexc for about 3 years, never missed a beat, just regular maintenance.

Ive had the bmw 450 for 6 months likewise. behaved impecibaly on the aLto turia, which is a bit more than green laning !!

buy it, ride it, enjoy it.

If it breaks fix it.

Its a dirt bike, you will throw it down a lane at some point anyway. :bounce1

Wise words.

I owned a KTMexc for about 3 years, never missed a beat ...

But you only ever used it for light green-laning!

:augie

IMG_1313-1.jpg

:D

Greg

Has anyone here had more than 70hrs use of their G450X yet?

Did you bother with the recommended 70hr engine strip down / inspect?

What were the findings?

Or are you not bothering, and waiting for something to go wrong?

Am asking as thinking of buying one for green laning, and a bit nervous if what I'm letting myself in for.

Thx.

BANG:hide

I wasn't going to do the 70 hrs service on my 450x as it costs a small fortune to get the main dealer to do it. I was going to bank the cash for any future problem that might have arisen with the bike whilst in my owership.

I do believe in clean air filters after every ride and over regular oil and filter changes as a good way to add longevity to the bikes engine.

If the 70 hr service is missed then thats the warranty gone. You only get 30 days warranty with a KTM anyway so its no big deal really.

Like I said I was going to bank the service cash for when or if the bike sh*t itself.

£500 plus is a fair chunk of cash to blow out on a service in my opinion.

Thx Brompton92.

KTM can go f:censor:k themselves with that 30 day warranty. Who are those Austrian space heads kidding?

Test rode a G450X tonight. Love it. Love it. Love it. Awesome machine. Worth every penny over and above the old faithful DRZ-400E.

sorry about that,when buying a ktm the warranty is pants so if it goes wrong you just got to fix it the difference is with the BM being a new bike is finding the info/someone to do the work other than a dealer and paying the price for parts so i would not have one

not saying it aint a good bike

as a ktm owner i agree with everything you said

could you list the price of the dealer services to maintain your warranty on the 450 up to say 250hrs please

cheers

loz

could you list the price of the dealer services to maintain your warranty on the 450 up to say 250hrs please

No feck off......:p

There is no scale of costs, as i) dealers labour costs aren't uniform and ii) maintaining the warranty does not require dealer service history. Maintenance carried out using OEM parts meets the warranty stipulation.

Timpo.

PS. Hi Loz, mate!;)

Timpo's correct. Plus the G450X comes with comprehensive workshop manual on a CD. From the research I've been doing on my DRZ-400 replacement, KTM dealers have a shite reputation and also a shite reputation for honouring warranty claims.

Timpo's correct. Plus the G450X comes with comprehensive workshop manual on a CD. From the research I've been doing on my DRZ-400 replacement, KTM dealers have a shite reputation and also a shite reputation for honouring warranty claims.

calm down calm down it's only a motorcycle
dont be so defensive,i am guessing you have never owned a KTM dirt bike,in 13 years of KTM ownership i've had one warranty issue and that was on the first one a 610 MXer and that was brought second hand in 96 and fixed free as a goodwill gesture,5x520/525 and 2 300's(the best race/trail bike on the market and my next buy when i sell the 525) raced and trailrode no issue's,go to any race and the majority is orange and ask yourself why

young mister timpo of this parrish does a "bit" of trail riding,every time we go out it's about 9/10hrs riding and he owns a 450x but he rides a DRZ

buy the BMW and put a couple hundred hours on it then come back and tell us about it costs to maintain warranty ect( a question NO OWNER is willing to answer)
i still think its a good bike

now where's that next 300

loz

Loz - Soz if u think am not calm. I am, I promise !!! One of the problems with forum mass-debates. Mass de-bating in front of each other is always so much more fun... :D

Back
Top Bottom