Touratech LDC BMW R 1200 GS/Adventure Seat

Magnum

Reaction score
Has anyone got a Touratech LDC BMW R 1200 GS/Adventure Seat?

It's the only replacement seat I can find that is as high as the standard Adventure seat and looks good (in my opinion). It's also available fairly quickly. Interested to know how hard it is, how much more comfortable and whether the rider still slides forward :nenau

Our Swiss Alps Tour is rapidly approaching and I don't fancy 1500 miles on the soft and incredibly uncomfortable stock seat :eek:

Ta :)

Has anyone got a Touratech LDC BMW R 1200 GS/Adventure Seat?

It's the only replacement seat I can find that is as high as the standard Adventure seat and looks good (in my opinion). It's also available fairly quickly. Interested to know how hard it is, how much more comfortable and whether the rider still slides forward :nenau

Our Swiss Alps Tour is rapidly approaching and I don't fancy 1500 miles on the soft and incredibly uncomfortable stock seat :eek:

Ta :)

I have no experience of that model but I'm sure they are made by Kahedo, I did own a Touratech (Kahedo) 1 piece seat for a while when I had my 06GSA,it looked "the part" and I rated it quite highly for comfort too-right up until July last year when I rode home to Wales from the Sachsenring in 1 day.....around 950 miles :eek OK it's not exactly a typical test and not one I would be in a hurry to repeat, I did stagger around like John Wayne for some time after though :comfort
Not long after that I bought a Sargent and whilst it's really well made and very comfortable,I can't help feeling it looks like it belongs on one of O.C.C.'s custom bikes,I know-I know you don't see it when you're sat on it:blast
Anywat I'd heard good things about Tony Archer's seats http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/ so I sent my 09 seats to him, he replaced the Olive Green-ish material with a dark grey in a matching material to the original and added gel packs to the riders seat and all for £120....it will cost you a little more in P&P but it's food for thought and much cheaper than the TT seat, so far I've only had a 350mile test ride in a day but so far so good and I'm not missing the Sargent..............but it's in storage just in case as they hold their value and are difficult to find :augie
Sorry for going on a bit............. :rolleyes:

I have the Kahedo high which is ok'is, takes a while to get used to (right I'm on ~3.500km, and still not the best of friends with it). But in someways it's better than the std. adv seat, and in someways it worse. It's wider which means that for me, that I sit on some muscles which have not been used for years, and that hurts a bit, but it's getting better.

But looking at the price in the UK... they are insane, I paid €288 which is ~245GBP at Touratech West, now that you're on the way to the continent anyway why not pick it up on the way - I normally drop them an email to ask for stock (thomas.nick@kohl.de - they do speak English). I unfortunately live ~3 hours drive away in the opposite direction of which you're going, otherwise you could leave the original seat at my place.

Casper

I've ordered one anyway. Price in Switzerliand is CHF 487 delivered or around £273. Will report back when it's been fitted.

Back
Top Bottom