Overland Yorkshire To Mongolia....... On A Quad

scarecrow57

OVERLAND FROM YORKSHIRE TO MONGOLIA ON A QUAD!!!

The name is Scarecrow57 (aka Carole) from the name you should take it that I am female, I am 51 years old (going on 15!!!)......I am a slightly eccentric divorced ex farmer, currently living in North Yorkshire..........Oh my God, from my introduction this is beginning to sound like I am looking for a partner................ no, this is not correct at all, but I do need your help guys

Why do I need your help, well, for the last 2 months I have been planning an overland roadtrip to Mongolia and China in aid of three charities (Cancer Research, Womens Rural Refuge Retreat, and the brain injury charity Headway Teeside)......in the last 2 months I have raised over £3000 cash towards the trip but I would much prefer to donate these cash monies direct to the three charities and as a challenge get all the equipment required for the roadtrip donated.............and this is where you may be able to help.........'cause I have decided that I what I would like to do is this 365 day roadtrip on a quad bike.........yes, you did read that correctly........a quad bike!!!.......(I warned you I was 51 going on 15!!!):):):):)

So basically guys I am in desperate need of your help and your sound advice..........which quad would you recommend?..........do you think that this quad could tackle this sort of trip?...........do you know of anyone who has done anything similar before?........and finally, (and most importantly) would you know of any company willing to donate a quad for what many feel is a worthwhile cause.

A few details of the trip so far.............all equipment is/has been donated or sponsored..............in each region/country I will be donating a weeks volunteering work to a like minded charity to those that we are supporting back here in the UK............the aim is to raise at least £33000 ( but I am sure we would not complain if it was in excess of that figure!!!)........so far all the food and accommodation for the whole roadtrip ihas been very kindly been donated by over 200 world members of www.couchsurfing.com

I am in the process of setting up a website for all those that are or will be involved to keep a track of the trip...........(as I have published before it makes common sense to obviously write a book of the whole adventure upon my return)...................the set off date is mid November 2009..............and it goes without saying that I would be honoured to do any promotion/press work for any company that is involved en route.

So guys can you please help in some way?......... all advice, donations, sponsorship, etc would make this roadtrip for all those involved something to be really proud of...........

...and is there anybody out there that fancies coming along for the blast........I guarantee it will be a wee bit of good fun........

Warmest regards

Carole
(Scarecrow57)

May I thank you for reading thus far, and should you wish to contact me direct please do not hesitate tor email me carolehoward2712@hotmail.co.uk

That's a dangerous trip... but you'll be fine once you're out of Yorkshire...:D

Good luck.

Paul

At least I don't live in England......Yorkshire is the capital of the world did you not know:comfort:clap:comfort

...tis where all the best Scarecrows live

Cheers mate

OVERLAND FROM YORKSHIRE TO MONGOLIA ON A QUAD!!!

The name is Scarecrow57 (aka Carole) from the name you should take it that I am female, I am 51 years old (going on 15!!!)......I am a slightly eccentric divorced ex farmer, currently living in North Yorkshire..........Oh my God, from my introduction this is beginning to sound like I am looking for a partner................ no, this is not correct at all, but I do need your help guys

Why do I need your help, well, for the last 2 months I have been planning an overland roadtrip to Mongolia and China in aid of three charities (Cancer Research, Womens Rural Refuge Retreat, and the brain injury charity Headway Teeside)......in the last 2 months I have raised over £3000 cash towards the trip but I would much prefer to donate these cash monies direct to the three charities and as a challenge get all the equipment required for the roadtrip donated.............and this is where you may be able to help.........'cause I have decided that I what I would like to do is this 365 day roadtrip on a quad bike.........yes, you did read that correctly........a quad bike!!!.......(I warned you I was 51 going on 15!!!):):):):)

So basically guys I am in desperate need of your help and your sound advice..........which quad would you recommend?..........do you think that this quad could tackle this sort of trip?...........do you know of anyone who has done anything similar before?........and finally, (and most importantly) would you know of any company willing to donate a quad for what many feel is a worthwhile cause.

A few details of the trip so far.............all equipment is/has been donated or sponsored..............in each region/country I will be donating a weeks volunteering work to a like minded charity to those that we are supporting back here in the UK............the aim is to raise at least £33000 ( but I am sure we would not complain if it was in excess of that figure!!!)........so far all the food and accommodation for the whole roadtrip ihas been very kindly been donated by over 200 world members of www.couchsurfing.com

I am in the process of setting up a website for all those that are or will be involved to keep a track of the trip...........(as I have published before it makes common sense to obviously write a book of the whole adventure upon my return)...................the set off date is mid November 2009..............and it goes without saying that I would be honoured to do any promotion/press work for any company that is involved en route.

So guys can you please help in some way?......... all advice, donations, sponsorship, etc would make this roadtrip for all those involved something to be really proud of...........

...and is there anybody out there that fancies coming along for the blast........I guarantee it will be a wee bit of good fun........

Warmest regards

Carole
(Scarecrow57)

May I thank you for reading thus far, and should you wish to contact me direct please do not hesitate tor email me carolehoward2712@hotmail.co.uk

Can I take no-one is up for a ride out to Mongolia?

Scarecrow57

I'm going but our trip is not till 2010 in the summer, november is late in the year to go on that type of trip in my opinion.

a mate of mine cycled the Pamir highway in winter and while sounding great and adventurous he did say it can be abit harder on the day, have you spoken with Block in Russia to get info on what kinds of quads are sold there and in KZ and where you can get help and spares for the trip as this will help with the route plan. Our trip was driven by where we could get spares for our truck no point going unless you can come back and tell someone about it.

be sure to pack plenty of warm clothes

There's a great book I think it's called "siberia by accident" some random lady goes off on one breaks her leg on a trip of a life time and then spends the next couple of months trying to get herself out of siberia. It's a remarkable story and well worth a read,

19hours isn't exactly giving people much time. I'm sure someone will want to come along :comfort

Have you also tried this great resource for bike travellers. You may well find a travel partner there ;
www.horizonsunlimited.com

Or even www.bikersoracle.com whihc is quite a large fourm .

Good luck :thumb2

Hi Rushy,

I was being deliberatly fasitious.........I wanted to stir up the thought processes of all those bored sat behind a computer screen........sorry if I offended you:toungincheek

I am already on horizons...it is a brilliant site I will try the other one now....

Thanks for the post.......can I take it you don't fancy it yourself???

Scarecrow57

That's walking pace, are you pushing the quad :eek: ;):p

Good luck with the trip :thumb2:clap

No.I do not 'do' walking.......I want to do a lot of Europe before pushing on to Kaz. Russia and Mongolia........I possibly will not make it back that way another day so I wish to take in a much as I can whilst I'm there....plus as far as I am aware this is not supposed to be a race!!!:comfort:comfort:comfort

Scarecrow57

I just cannot get my head around this sort of thing.

Mongolia on a quad bike for charity. - why not just stay in Yorkshire and dig some old age pensioners garden and get people to sponsor you.

That way both the charities and the pensioner gets some benefit rather than you going on a jolly.

If you got all the sponsors so far to give money rather than a quad bike, free accommodation etc, etc just imagine how much you could raise.

I just cannot get my head around this sort of thing.

Mongolia on a quad bike for charity. - why not just stay in Yorkshire and dig some old age pensioners garden and get people to sponsor you.

That way both the charities and the pensioner gets some benefit rather than you going on a jolly.

If you got all the sponsors so far to give money rather than a quad bike, free accommodation etc, etc just imagine how much you could raise.

Hi ya Karlp,

I was going to Mongolia anyway so why not do it for charity.....???

Seemed like a good idea to me .........but I am sorry if it has offended you!!!

Warmest regards

Scarecrow57

if your a writer perhaps the best thing would be to write the book and have a percentage of sales go directly to charity, rather than asking a manufacturer to spaff up a quad without knowing what their media miles will be in return.

Sponsorship especially at corporate level is hard at best of times and nearly impossible the rest unless your already famous, don't need the money or the stuff.

Plenty of examples of that can be found on TV at the moment:augie

if your going the lower route have a look at 14degrees.org he got support from a few places, but it was a self funded trip.

if your a writer perhaps the best thing would be to write the book and have a percentage of sales go directly to charity, rather than asking a manufacturer to spaff up a quad without knowing what their media miles will be in return.

Sponsorship especially at corporate level is hard at best of times and nearly impossible the rest unless your already famous, don't need the money or the stuff.

Plenty of examples of that can be found on TV at the moment:augie

if your going the lower route have a look at 14degrees.org he got support from a few places, but it was a self funded trip.

Hi Lo,

I already write exclusively for charity...in fact since I retired at 45 (6 years ago) I have have raised in excess of 6 figures toward setting up the 'Womens Rural Refuge Retreat' so maybe I should give all that up and try and live in the real world and dig a few gardens for old age pensioners!!!!:toungincheek:toungincheek:toungincheek

May apologise again if I have offended you as well...but in the mean time I will check the site you recommended.

Regards

Scarecrow57

Hi Lo

I like that....:D

erm how does that work then? the whole writing books and stuff...

only cos I'm dislexic and book writtnig appeals to me only snag I struggle with it all.... but I'm special in so many other ways...

sorry if that's a personal question but again I'm just nosey

Back
Top Bottom