Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vario Pannier Brace / Staberliser pictures

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Vario Pannier Brace / Staberliser pictures

Done these pictures of the brace today. Made from mild steel with swivel rubber end cups and painted silver to match the frame.
    Let me know what you think as i have enough parts to make a few more .
    Price would be around £20-00 + p&p ( I will check up next week to put exact cost etc.) The pictures show the prototype which has been hand sprayed further would be powdercoated.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

nice idea, and very cheap

Price

Quote Originally Posted by D6 View Post
    nice idea, and very cheap
    Thanks - as you can see i have not worked out the total cost for the part yet , thought it would be better to put to veiw and tie up later , gives you an idea.

Brace

Triumph operate a similar system on their pannier set up, but theirs slide to allow the panniers to flex. Apparently this makes the bike better at speed. Might be worth having a look at their setup. Otherwise i think it looks really cool. Well done

Flex

Quote Originally Posted by RichieS View Post
    Triumph operate a similar system on their pannier set up, but theirs slide to allow the panniers to flex. Apparently this makes the bike better at speed. Might be worth having a look at their setup. Otherwise i think it looks really cool. Well done
    Thanks i will look at Triumph set up but this brace does not eliminate the flex it reduces it thus making the paniers more settled etc.
    Stick

UKKTMer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Is there an issue with the Varios sagging? On my 1150 I had problems with the old system panniers developing a sag but the Varios were fine for the 48,000 miles I used them before chopping in my 1200GS for my GSA complete with Forth Road Bridge pannier frames

Just wondered.

Dave
    Ya Bugger......

Sag

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis View Post
    Is there an issue with the Varios sagging? On my 1150 I had problems with the old system panniers developing a sag but the Varios were fine for the 48,000 miles I used them before chopping in my 1200GS for my GSA complete with Forth Road Bridge pannier frames

Just wondered.

Dave
    People who I have ridden with in groups have said that the panniers flexed a lot - this is why i decided to look at it, also when we go away and pack a lot of stuff so it makes the bike feel more solid (piece of mind i suppose).
    With the brace on you can see how much the the flex is reduced by pushing down on the panniers -as if loaded- against without the brace. I wanted to photo the difference but was not sure how to show it best.
    Stick

UKKTMer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by stick View Post
    People who I have ridden with in groups have said that the panniers flexed a lot - this is why i decided to look at it, also when we go away and pack a lot of stuff so it makes the bike feel more solid (piece of mind i suppose).
    With the brace on you can see how much the the flex is reduced by pushing down on the panniers -as if loaded- against without the brace. I wanted to photo the difference but was not sure how to show it best.
    Stick
    Sounds fair enough, I can see where you're coming from.

Dave
    Ya Bugger......

gwon then i will take a set off you Stick, i will try them on my 09 12
    and let you all have the details of fit or otherwise.
    PM me with details of price and addy.
    Lyn.

look mum no wobble

Dave, brace arrived today fitted in two mins on my 09 1200 no problem at all, i think it may be easier on the bikes ( like the 09 bikes )
    to fit and adjust with the smaller LED indicators. I adjusted the ( feet )
    adjusty bits and left about 3mm play, loaded the cases up and off for a blast.
    NO pannier wobble at all, went on some rough stuff too and no knocks and bangs like before. This is a great simple bit of kit that works well, is dead easy
    to fit ( two bolts that exist already ).
    I will try again at the weekend with full camping gear loaded and report back,
    maybe it will need a bit of adjustment but 13mm spanner is all that is needed.

Cheers Dave for a great bit of kit.
    Lyn.

Quote Originally Posted by bustupbiker View Post
    Dave, brace arrived today fitted in two mins on my 09 1200 no problem at all, i think it may be easier on the bikes ( like the 09 bikes )
    to fit and adjust with the smaller LED indicators. I adjusted the ( feet )
    adjusty bits and left about 3mm play, loaded the cases up and off for a blast.
    NO pannier wobble at all, went on some rough stuff too and no knocks and bangs like before. This is a great simple bit of kit that works well, is dead easy
    to fit ( two bolts that exist already ).
    I will try again at the weekend with full camping gear loaded and report back,
    maybe it will need a bit of adjustment but 13mm spanner is all that is needed.

Cheers Dave for a great bit of kit.
    Lyn.
    Glad your happy with it - keep me informed on its performance as not yet made many and would like to make more ,as it worked well for me and would like to see another point of veiw from an independant GS rider.

Happy days

Thumbs up THANK YOU!!!

I have finally managed to find some time to fit my new "Vario-Brace".

Actually it took me the best part of 3 minutes!!!

Thank you again Stick, superb quality item, dead easy to fit, exact measurements, it's all... well...

... PERFECT !!!

Talking photos!

... I forgot to post a few pics ...

TA-DAAA!!!

... forgot that one ...

What was the price of these in the end? Seems like a neat idea for when I need to carry all the wifes crap

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by nedflanders View Post
    What was the price of these in the end? Seems like a neat idea for when I need to carry all the wifes crap
    £30-00 + postage ( been away) carring the wifes crap......................ouch sorry dear esentials !!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast