Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Givi Airflo screen

Givi Airflo screen

Fitted to the 1200gs today, had a 50 mile test ride after
    Bloody fantastic thats all i can say about it.
    £129 delivered from Stoke-on-trent D K's

May I ask the inevitable questions about your height and make/model helmet?. The Givi AF330 look like good stuff but I've yet to hear the opinion of someone my size (I'm 6'6")

Quote Originally Posted by bustupbiker View Post
    Fitted to the 1200gs today, had a 50 mile test ride after
    Bloody fantastic thats all i can say about it.
    £129 delivered from Stoke-on-trent D K's
    What made you choose the Givi? I'm interested in putting a new screen on my Gs as the std is not brill for me. Any info would be most welcome.

Only a little un sorry, 5' 10" and ten stone with diddy 29" legs on a low bike.
    The wind blast and head banging was what did it for me, apart from taking off the screen altogether which i did ( and worked very well ) but dam cold in the winter.

The Airflo screen is BIG in adjustment i am looking through it at the top
    (about 1 inch ) and it will extend UP about 6inch, it is also wider than the MRA i have just removed. Be aware that if you have the wind deflectors on your bike the screen ( Givi ) will not adjust front back( up/down ) the Givi defector/airflo
    thingy will though as it is on sliders, looks a bit Odd at first as the airflo deflector sticks out like a beak But it all works ( for me )
    Lyn.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nice to see another positive report

I'm fitting mine at the weekend
    Steve

2006 K1200S > 2009 R1200GS MU > 2012 R1200RT SE > 2014 R1200GS WC
    2012 BMW 320d ED

Talking

Got the Givi high-screen myself for my F800. The airflow is much better with the only downside (if you call it that) been that the water/rain flows downwards on my helmet. I quite like the effect myself.

Hope you add an image of your screen Bustupbiker, on your beast!

Should have said Newcastle under Lyme

***Hope you add an image of your screen***
    Will get one tomorrow and post it here.

+1

I've fitted the Airflow screen and agree with bustabiker how much better it is than the original, mine is fitted alongside bmw winglets and works great... it is an 09 and has the bracket under the fairing to attach the winglets to, so maybe that's the reason it works..

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowman View Post
    +1

I've fitted the Airflow screen and agree with bustabiker how much better it is than the original, mine is fitted alongside bmw winglets and works great... it is an 09 and has the bracket under the fairing to attach the winglets to, so maybe that's the reason it works..

I also have the winglettie thingies forgot to say that, but what is this brackety
    thing you speak of!! cos i did not get one of those. I did get brackets to support the lower screen
    but not to the wingletts, they go to the side adjuster thumb bolts.
    Lyn.

Sorry i think i've confused things,, i have BM winglets,,, on the 09GS there are brackets under the fairing panels to locate and hold the winglets in place.. so they have to be in a set position, where as on the 06 i had,, you just drilled the fairing panel where you think it looks right, this may be the reason that the airflow screen adjusts ok on my bike, but not yours..

Check out this post for images

Quote Originally Posted by bustupbiker View Post
    Should have said Newcastle under Lyme

***Hope you add an image of your screen***
    Will get one tomorrow and post it here.
    Good feedback on this post aswell:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...ght=givi+af330

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...ght=givi+af330

CIERAN`

Givi AF330 for £127.49 for UKGSer Members

Hi, first of all great forum, I have always wanted a GS but my pockets we only deep enough for a lowley Aprilia Caponord!!
    I here on the most part out of interest in the big BMW’s however there is a sly underhanded bit of guerrilla marketing I’d like to get out of the way.
    In my day job I work for DK Motorcycles in Staffordshire ( they have been mentioned a few time previously in this thread) I am the person responsible for the Givi stock and I have just put a quantity of the AF330’s in stock. The retail is a touch over £150 but we are selling them on eBay here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Givi-AF330-BMW...item51924686ac) at £137.49 plus £5.95 post. However as an exclusive offer to my fellow UKGSer.com members I can offer you one over the phone with an additional £10 discount and free post to mainland UK. Making it £127.49 delivered to your door. I am also always happy to help out fellow riders with any other luggage or service parts with exclusive offers for UKGSer forum members.
    Thanks Gang
    ~Happy Trails~
    Cieran
    DK Motorcycles
    01782 250177

E-Bay Airflow For Sale

just spotted on E-bay (BMWR1200GS)Givi Airflow For Sale, low milage one auction ends 7/5/11, I bought a new one, they should be orginal euipment, transforms the bike!!

YMMV ! I bought one, it's now sitting on the top of my fridge. Helmet vibration above 65mph much worse than with the original screen.

PeterSX

Quote Originally Posted by CIERAN` View Post
    Hi, first of all great forum, I have always wanted a GS but my pockets we only deep enough for a lowley Aprilia Caponord!!
    I here on the most part out of interest in the big BMW’s however there is a sly underhanded bit of guerrilla marketing I’d like to get out of the way.
    In my day job I work for DK Motorcycles in Staffordshire ( they have been mentioned a few time previously in this thread) I am the person responsible for the Givi stock and I have just put a quantity of the AF330’s in stock. The retail is a touch over £150 but we are selling them on eBay here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Givi-AF330-BMW...item51924686ac) at £137.49 plus £5.95 post. However as an exclusive offer to my fellow UKGSer.com members I can offer you one over the phone with an additional £10 discount and free post to mainland UK. Making it £127.49 delivered to your door. I am also always happy to help out fellow riders with any other luggage or service parts with exclusive offers for UKGSer forum members.
    Thanks Gang
    ~Happy Trails~
    Cieran
    DK Motorcycles
    01782 250177
    Got my AF330 earlier this year from these guys ..Excellant service and the screen works much better than expected with just enough moving air to keep you cool and in touch. The bike is an ,58 R1200gs I'm 5'.9" ,low standard seat setting and the helmet is the excellant Shark Evoline 2,the screen is set at its lowest setting and raked fully back[without tobinators]..

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Hi Guys,
    I bought the Givi screen for my new GS1200, i agree it is a quality piece of kit, but at 5'9'' i find i'm looking through the screen. Only did a couple of miles and took it off, just not for me i'm afraid.
    I will try to sell it on flea bay, but seeing as my bike is the triple black model, i had the lower half of the screen spray tinted dark smoke. Looks great from the outside, but not so good from the cockpit.
    It's only a couple of months old and other than that it's brand new.
    Looking for around £100 if any one interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast