Motolug Bike Trailers

Dragging up this thread with some comments and questions.

I've got a 2-bike Motolug which is great, I have the 10" wheels, which make it site nice and level behind our X-Trail - also 10" wheels will rotate about 20% less and slower than an 8" wheel so the bearings have an easier service life.

For carrrying 2 bikes - what are people using for an anchor point in the centre between the bikes? I knocked up a u-bolt that clamps to the centre axle and provides a vertical loop to attach the clips and straps. Anyone else have a cunning suggestion?

Security - we're off to Spain later in the year and I was wondering what people did for security of the bikes when on the trailer? As the whole thing is collapsible, more or less whatever you would wrap a chain around could be freed up after taking out a lor of R-clips and pins. Any thoughts/suggestions here?

Security - we're off to Spain later in the year and I was wondering what people did for security of the bikes when on the trailer? As the whole thing is collapsible, more or less whatever you would wrap a chain around could be freed up after taking out a lor of R-clips and pins. Any thoughts/suggestions here?

I use a long cable lock through the bike; through the trailer holes and around the tow-bar. It's a deterrent but, like most security, anybody determined enough could overcome it.

Back
Top Bottom