Peloponnese Greece – An alternative to Morocco

I agree this a brilliant destination. I was there in August with my g/f. She was meeting up with a load of girlie friends and I didn't know anything about the place until we got there. We stayed in Kardamili and although it was scorching in the village, it was much cooler in the mountains.

I found a place that hired out little Honda XR150s and had a fabulous time pootling around olive groves and forest trails up in the mountains, as well as riding around the coast. It was nice to be riding without all the gubbins needed for a big trip and the bike was so light you could take it virtually anywhere.

There is also some great trekking (with guides if you want them), lovely snorkelling, and a good selection of very chilled out restaurants. I saw quite a few bigger bikes out there touring the region. There is some stunning coastal scenery south of Kardamili.

It's definitely somewhere you could go with the rest of the family or your other half, but August is almost too toasty if they are going to be on the beach all day. Up in the mountains it was down to 4C over night.

I was dead impressed and agree with the comments about Morocco. Been three times and had enough for the mo. Too many other places to head for.

Back
Top Bottom