Thread: Bike Shops, Frankfurt

Bike Shops, Frankfurt

I'll be there in a week or two, anything worth diverting to browse around forf general biking goods,bargains etc?
    I presume that there are branches of Polo and Louis in the city, so I'll seeke them out..........anything else?

Ta

Vireo

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    I don't know about any bike shops in Frankfurt Paul, but can heartly recommend the Louis store in the city.

Mandy bought a pair of textile trousers there two years ago now and the service was first class, many Irish shops could take lessons in customer service from them. They were very welcoming especially when we told them that we were Irish and on tour in Germany. The quality of the trousers and the price we paid were both excellent. Everyone in the shop spoke english and one guy in particular was completely fluent and very helpful. They are definitely worth a visit in my opinion.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I visited Louis shops in Hamburg, very plesant people, and most spoke good English.
    One thing, helmets are very expensive in Germany/France. About 20% more than the UK.

Yip - Louis,HG are all there.

I Used to live in Dresden and visited quite a few- most shops seemto sell low-mid priced stuff. I struggled to even find a Dainese vendor or any sort of flash gear but im sure you'll score a bargain,just dont be expecting to see anything you really wouldnt see at home.
    14 Forza 300 - Scooters forever
    03 1150GS - My true love

Polo has higher quality clothing - the polo own brand jackets are made by reusch.

Thanks guys. good info - as ever!

Frankfurt

Most of the shop,also BMW,, is in "Handauer Landstrasse,..

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Well, I picked up a nice pair of kevlar lined jeans in Polo for just under €50 - were marked €80, but there was a sale on.......smart, too.

Also, got an open faced lid in Louis for (wait for it..) €15........yep, fifteen! half price in a sale. Its from Louis' own ProBiker brand, but loooks well made and will be just the job for the occasional short commute to work and trip to the shops in summer.

Both great shops.........we could do with something like this over here. Some chance though.....

My eye was also taken by a new Fireblade for sale in HG for €5900...!!!

I was surprised not to see too many bikes on the road over there though..........I guess most are now snuggled up for the winter. Weather was gorgeous while we were there.