Moto Piston Rally Picos October 2011

2 wheel humvee

www.humvee-graphics.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A group of us are going to the Moto Piston Rally again in October this year, the Rally is the weekend 7-8-9th October, some of our group are taking part in the Rally some of us are just going for the craic and the great roads.
We have booked accomodation at La Pisa and all rooms are now taken, but we have contacted the owners and they have recommended some accommodation nearby and there is the option for any one who would like to go to join us for evening meals at La Pisa and to join us for rides etc.
We have each booked our own ferry, some of us are going Portsmouth to Santander on Weds 5th and returning on Monday 10th but there is the option to return on Weds 12th or later, if you want to join us here are a couple of possibilities for accommodation (please state that Claire from La Pisa reccomended them).

cut n' paste from Claire at LaPisa;

Posada de Aniezo (same village as La Pisa) Their email is;
posadadeaniezo@terra.es
and their website is www.posadadeaniezo.com/index.html

If you all wanted to eat together at La Pisa we can take extra diners.

There is also Casa Gustavo at;
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Lisa at Casa Gustavo has a 2 bed apartment also in our village and she has a small guesthouse which is about a 10 minute drive away.

Its bit further - about a 20 minute drive, but I can highly recommend apartments in Tudes. Tony Bastian is the owner. There is a lovely bar in their village too.
http://www.lacasadelaschimeneas.es/

Please can you mention that La Pisa has recommended them to you if you decide to enquire with them.
If can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best wishes
Claire
Claire McCann
La Pisa
www.lapisa.co.uk
Email: info@lapisa.co.uk

So there you have it, if you want to join us book your ferry and contact one of the above for accommodation, add you name to the thread here to confirm you're booked and we'll see you on the ferry :thumb2

Riders signed up so far;
cookie
me (2 wheel humvee)
johnnyboxer
darkhorse
springer
trippy
cookieboy
oscar

Some useful links;
Report from last year's thread;http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246183

Moto Piston website; http://www.mcpiston.com/ingles/icolombres.htm

Brittany ferries;http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/home

Cheers,
Steve.

I intend going this year along with one or two others: I will sort out accomodation in the next month or so.

I intend going this year along with one or two others: I will sort out accomodation in the next month or so.

Look forward to seeing you there :thumb2

Hmmm...very interesting.

Can I be a 'maybe' for a while?

No problem hope you can make it, as per my pm to you B&B may become an issue if you want to stay in the same area as us (and why wouldn't you.......:D ) I think cookie has had lots of pm's from people expressing an interest hence the information above regarding accommodation,also I wouldn't be surprised to see the ferry price increasing as the months pass so don't leave it too long ;)

Yay.......Alps gang reunion :clap
See my message to Joybringer above :thumb2

Patrick?
Where are you Redpadraig :augie

Ferry prices are sure to start to rise as time goes by and spaces get filled. I am booked on the Portsmouth ferry on the 5th and leaving Santander on the 12th returning to Plymouth. Booked this week and sharing a 2 berth cabin with JB it was £230.

Ferry prices are sure to start to rise as time goes by and spaces get filled. I am booked on the Portsmouth ferry on the 5th and leaving Santander on the 12th returning to Plymouth. Booked this week and sharing a 2 berth cabin with JB it was £230.

Bottom bunk...............bagged first:D

No problem hope you can make it, as per my pm to you B&B may become an issue if you want to stay in the same area as us (and why wouldn't you.......:D ) I think cookie has had lots of pm's from people expressing an interest hence the information above regarding accommodation,also I wouldn't be surprised to see the ferry price increasing as the months pass so don't leave it too long ;)

Yay.......Alps gang reunion :clap
See my message to Joybringer above :thumb2

I emailed for B&B details today but yet to hear. Just speculative at the moment, hence my kinda making my own arrangements, but as per my PM I'm intending to make an effort :thumb The more I think about it, the more I'd like to make it. Could do with a small reunion and demonstrating a spate of a complete lack of respect for the law. Well, maybe not, but you know what I mean...

Ferry from Portsmouth, return, 1 (or 2) berth outside cabin both ways, oubound Weds 5th, inbound Monday 10th October, £278 at the moment. Cheaper than riding through France, which I did think about. For a nanosecond :D

Whatever happens, however...I can't promise that the Mankini won't make an appearance...;)

:jager

Cheaper than riding through France, which I did think about. For a nanosecond :D

Thats still a maybe for me (but unlikely) as I am off work all week. If the forecast is good and I'm in the mood then I may change my outward crossing to Poole - Cherbourg, leave Monday and meet up with the gang on Thursday. BF said they will change crossings and refund difference at no cost upto 5 days before. As I said, unlikely but a maybe :)

Are many people thinking of entering the rally? I have a couple of old M/Cs and I hope to take one of these down and participate.

Are many people thinking of entering the rally? I have a couple of old M/Cs and I hope to take one of these down and participate.

i intend registering for the event with my Le Mans :)

i intend registering for the event with my Le Mans :)

Well, there's a nice Le Mans in my garage that is not being used much...

I could be very tempted by this event but can't committ for certain at this stage. Probably won't know for a few months yet but definitely want to go and enter the rally. Would certainly take ferry option as wouldn't want to ride the Le Mans through France.

Count me as a "probable" 80% in.

I could be very tempted by this event but can't committ for certain at this stage. Probably won't know for a few months yet but definitely want to go and enter the rally. Would certainly take ferry option as wouldn't want to ride the Le Mans through France.

You could reserve a place on the ferry and a room in the guesthouse Sid.
Brittany Ferries only take a £25 deposit on booking.

Happy days :thumb2
Sid if you book and cannot make it I'll volunteer to take the Guzzi and make sure it gets some excercise :augie

Yes me to :D,see you at the docks.

See you there :thumb2

Yes me to :D,see you at the docks.

did you sort accommodation yet?

looking forward to this. about time the old barge got a serious thrashing :D

337238231_n6GxM-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom