Moto Piston Rally Picos October 2011

did you sort accommodation yet?

looking forward to this. about time the old barge got a serious thrashing :D

337238231_n6GxM-L.jpg

2-up on the 5000 bends? Or will Mrs C be piloting her own craft?

Another Guzzi on the boat here.

Lovely looking bike, I think it would be great to be going on a classic and actually entering.

Forum011.jpg

I have emailed Lisa back [one of Claire,s contacts on your list] to book a room for the 4 nights.Just waiting to hear back for conformation.
She said it was the second enquiry from a GSer.
That Guzzi looks superb:drool.

Thats still a maybe for me (but unlikely) as I am off work all week. If the forecast is good and I'm in the mood then I may change my outward crossing to Poole - Cherbourg, leave Monday and meet up with the gang on Thursday. BF said they will change crossings and refund difference at no cost upto 5 days before. As I said, unlikely but a maybe :)

I did that in July 2008, to the Pyrenees. To make any kind of headway, I had to use Autoroutes, which went against the grain. However, I did under estimate the time required :augie Schoolboy error :blast

If I were doing it again, I'd definitely take 2 or even 3 days, and stay off ther concrete.

I'm known for changing my mind, and if I do, I'll keep you company :thumb

If your planning on entering the MC Piston Rally your bike has to be pre 1980 entries are available around July time, and you get a 30% discount on the ferrys when you enter with the club....Ive done it the last 2 years with a Honda CB750 K1 1971....its a fantastic event to do...not going this year frying other fish....have a good un....

Stay lucky HullyGully.

Just managed to talk the wife into agreeing to this, a birthday pressie from me to her:augie, ferry booked, just need to sort out accomodation now:thumb

Just managed to talk the wife into agreeing to this, a birthday pressie from me to her:augie, ferry booked, just need to sort out accomodation now:thumb

XChallenge....................I may take mine

Fancy some trails:D

No 1200 adv:augie, the wife wouldnt enjoy the xc, but gravel trails would be fine:thumb2

Definitely up for this :thumb Hopefully on my Spitfire. :cool:

Attachments

• spitfire.jpg
    spitfire.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 442
I'm known for changing my mind, and if I do, I'll keep you company :thumb

Yeah I have been known to change mine occasionally as well :D

As I said its an unlikley plan but its an option. Knowing my luck I'd change my crossing and then it'd p*ss down for four days.

Thats accomodation booked for 4 nights at Casa Gustavo:thumb,roll on October:beerjug:

Accomodation ??

Could well be up for this one but need some accom advice, any advice?

Thats accomodation booked for 4 nights at Casa Gustavo:thumb,roll on October:beerjug:

See you at the ferry port :thumb2

Could well be up for this one but need some accom advice, any advice?
As JB has said there is info in the first post, we asked our guest house owner for suggestions and recommendations nearby and she came up with a couple-persue those first and please mention Claire at LaPisa when you book, if that proves fruitless widen the search to the surrounding area and Picos region,the town of Potes is a great place to stay,many GSers have said the Hotel DelOso is a great place http://www.hoteldeloso.com/ I have no experience of Hotel DelOso but I have stayed at Hotel Infantado (near Potes) and thought it was great :thumb2
http://www.hotelinfantado.com/
Hope that helps, good luck :thumb2

By my reckoning we have the following confirmed and staying at La Pisa
2 wheel humvee (me)
cookie
johnnyboxer
darkhorse
springer
trippy
cookieboy
oscar

Also confirmed and staying close by;
joybringer
wreck diver
ferret

Maybe's;
devon
rivendell
crapaud
number 6
les049

Looking good :D

I'm awaiting replies from Posada de Aniezo and the Moto Piston organisers. I've stayed at Hotel del Oso several times in the past so may use them if the others are booked up :thumb

I'm awaiting replies from Posada de Aniezo and the Moto Piston organisers. I've stayed at Hotel del Oso several times in the past so may use them if the others are booked up :thumb

HERE was very good last year though you have to dine elsewhere in the evening.

La Helgueras will also do an earlier than normal breakfast on the 5000 curves rally day.

Less than two miles to Colombres too.

Back
Top Bottom