Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: enduro

enduro

there must be others out there, just for a laugh or to win the the title. just ride off road with other. there are a few who think it matters if they win but is it just taking part.????

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by halfpint View Post
    there must be others out there, just for a laugh or to win the the title. just ride off road with other. there are a few who think it matters if they win but is it just taking part.????
    Wot he say

Euro - GSer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    New subsection for Enduro's and Enduro bikes
    JohnnyBoxer

RJB Asset Finance - Vehicle, Machinery & Equipment Finance for Agricultural, Commercial and Rural Business

So many roads...........So little time......

Relative numpty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by halfpint View Post
    I'd be up for taking part in an enduro. The green lanes round Herts are steadily getting closed.

Now then, stop laughing, I know my off-road abilities are truly, utterly woeful (as you have witnessed first hand) and I won't be anywhere near the Jagermeister boys but everyone has to start somewhere.

Is there an 'easy enduro' option for knobbers like me?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    See the Off Road Events section for details of the Salisbury plain enduro this coming weekend. Suitable for complete novices.

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    See the Off Road Events section for details of the Salisbury plain enduro this coming weekend. Suitable for complete novices.
    that makes me laugh "suitable for complete novices" what that meens in enduro speak is "novices will get stuck in the first boggy bit and them and their bikes will form the only traction for the fast lads"
    i've raced in the same races as edmonson, tett, knight and lampkin (note the way i said in the same races rather than against them as i along with many others just formed the moving chicane) and theres nothing as heartbreaking as struggling to get your bike through a bogg and seeing one of these boys float past at mach 3 special breed of bike racer
    I'D Rather be a live hasbeen than a dead Wanabee....

cracked ribs???

enduro foxborough pits near halstead essex run by sudbury mcc march 13, as easy as it gets go give it a try you can even ride round the bogs . just enter in the iron man class and ride till you are fecked then rest and go out again. have a look at sudbury mcc site and watch the action .....

Try the Ryedale Rally ,all sorts of bikes and all abilities plus camping and beer.
    http://www.enduro-neec.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by folkbiker View Post
    Try the Ryedale Rally ,all sorts of bikes and all abilities plus camping and beer.
    Actually, any of the rallies are a good place to start. They tend to be a very good mix of challenging riding, easy riding and a cracking social atmosphere.

Definitely worth a look

Quote Originally Posted by bakerlonglegs View Post

Now then, stop laughing, I know my off-road abilities are truly, utterly woeful (as you have witnessed first hand) and I won't be anywhere near the Jagermeister boys but everyone has to start somewhere.

You were there you did it, don`t be put off by that macho bollocks

TIDWORTH ENDURO is a great first timer, fantastic if wet, you need HARE AND HOUNDS type.

Quote Originally Posted by folkbiker View Post
    I did this with no previous experience - bloody knackering but a good laugh. Just watch out for the fast boys on the pogos..

Paul

macho bollocks

just enter turn up and ride. when you have had enough stop and rest if want to go on thats fine, just think that . dont worry about what others do. just get on with it dont say you cant . muddy bogs streams ,tight woods the fast boys will just ride round you (over you}let them do the work.

Ooh me Chalfonts Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerlonglegs View Post
    I'd be up for taking part in an enduro. The green lanes round Herts are steadily getting closed.

Is there an 'easy enduro' option for knobbers like me?
    Check out chilternhillsenduroclub

I used to ride their enduros, they try to make them fun and discourage the MX types. Though some of the guys are very competative.
    Keefffff

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow does not look good either..

Relative numpty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thank you for all the replies and advice

Cheers for the ideas on clubs and events, all bookmarked, so let's have a go! Unfortunately I can't make the Salisbury Plain event, but some of the others look do-able.

I've got a bike and kit, the only thing I need to sort out is a towbar and collapsible trailer (no room to store it otherwise).

Watch this space.....

Enjoy yourself, Bakerlonglegs

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Here is a great day for guys thinking about their first enduro, You get to ride a enduro track without the pressure of competition. On the Sat it is for adult novice or Dads with their kids, and on the Sunday its for Adult competant.

26th/27th February 2011
    'Hillside Havoc' Returns.
    Ivinghoe Aston Beds. LU7 9DP

http://www.enduroland.co.uk/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast