Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Lane Ride 27 April

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Cool Green Lane Ride 27 April

Gents, I'm planning an off road ride starting and finishing in Two Dales just outside of Matlock on Wednesday 27 April. The ride will be more suited to those with bikes below 650cc, although any off road gods are more than welcome on larger bikes. The ride will be starting at 9.30 with lunch at the Yonderman before moving off for a full afternoon of riding with the day totalling around 150 miles. While the ride itself is not a race, we will not be stopping for breaks at the end of every lane and will be looking to keep a good pace as there is a lot of mileage to get in. Please register your interest and bike -

1: PDiddy - EXC400
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:

I fancy that if you dont mind outsiders and i can make it , just had a quick look and think you are about 2 hours ish away from me

Your more than welcome mate -

ok cheers i'll check on the dates with the missus the 26th is ringing a bell but not 27th so hopefully be ok , 690 enduro if i come

Quote Originally Posted by forest biker View Post
    ok cheers i'll check on the dates with the missus the 26th is ringing a bell but not 27th so hopefully be ok , 690 enduro if i come
    just read the 650 bit , so it will be 350 exc then

Its all doable on your 690 and I've done it on my 950, it's just that Stanage Edge is a bit rough at the moment and I don't fancy picking up a bigger bike -

Quote Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
    Gents, I'm planning an off road ride starting and finishing in Two Dales just outside of Matlock on Wednesday 27 April. The ride will be more suited to those with bikes below 650cc, although any off road gods are more than welcome on larger bikes. The ride will be starting at 9.30 with lunch at the Yonderman before moving off for a full afternoon of riding with the day totalling around 150 miles. While the ride itself is not a race, we will not be stopping for breaks at the end of every lane and will be looking to keep a good pace as there is a lot of mileage to get in. Please register your interest and bike -

2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    Hopefully able to join you on this (450EXC)

It's a free day as far as I can tell so I'd like to join in too. (TTR250)

2: Forest Biker - ??
    3: Timeandtide - ECX450
    4: High-Tower - TTR250
    5:
    6:

Love to join you please
    I'll be on my exc 400

2: Forest Biker - ??
    3: Timeandtide - ECX450
    5:
    6:
    Ive just been told i cant make the 27th pdiddy maybe next time if you sort another one

Kicking off at 09:30 from the Shell Petrol Station opposite DFS in Two Dales LINKY

2: PaulGoy - EXC400
    3: Timeandtide - EXC450
    5:
    6:

[QUOTE=PDiddy;2693626] While the ride itself is not a race, we will not be stopping for breaks at the end of every lane and will be looking to keep a good pace as there is a lot of mileage to get in. QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be the token outsider in a sea of orange. I'm a fairly big guy on the smallest bike there and it is, erm, slow, at best. And I'm a long way from an offroad hero. In view of your initial comments I'll do what I can to keep up, but there'll be no problem if you guys go off and do you're own thing if I'm struggling. I appreciate you putting yourself out to organise a rideout.

[QUOTE=High-Tower;2696916]
    While the ride itself is not a race, we will not be stopping for breaks at the end of every lane and will be looking to keep a good pace as there is a lot of mileage to get in. QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be the token outsider in a sea of orange. I'm a fairly big guy on the smallest bike there and it is, erm, slow, at best. And I'm a long way from an offroad hero. In view of your initial comments I'll do what I can to keep up, but there'll be no problem if you guys go off and do you're own thing if I'm struggling. I appreciate you putting yourself out to organise a rideout.
    You'll be fine!
    Any tough bits you're big enough to tuck the bike under your arm and carry it up.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by High-Tower View Post
    Hi Mate, you will be fine and while we have a few lanes to get in we will not be leaving anyone behind -

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Can I book a provisional place ?

75% sure I can get the day off.

I'll be on the little Beta.
    '06 HP2 E...................2006 - 2014
    '02 R1150 GS Adv........2004 - 2006
    '01 F650 GS Dakar.......2001 - 2004
    '91 R100 GS...............1995 - 1999
    '83 R80 G/S...............1986 - 1993
    '81 R80 G/S...............1982 - 1985

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast