Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. New and secondhand BMW parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Wheelies off the thottle too

obewan

It Wheelies off the thottle too

Was out the other day, and had this bloke in a car really worrying me. I was filtering passed fairly heavy traffic on an A road (turned out to be a very slow moving lorry a mile or so ahead) this car driver decided to do the same.

Well you can imagine the other drivers were none too happy so it was all getting a bit fraught, my mirrors being filled with this car who kept trying to get into the same gap as I was. ANyway enough of the mittigating circumstances. We got to some lights and I gunned it away.

Only when i went into second did i feel the tale tell bump of the front wheel hitting down. Shoot was that an ickle wheelie this just pulled??? Not sure, felt like the wheel touching down erm best check.

Next set of lights gunned it, yep that is for sure the front wheel coming up. Yeee Ha.

I know it's not big and it's not clever but it is fun. And folks think beeEmm make sensible old man's bike poor fools.

Anyone off to the Spills Kill rally this Saturday in London? Meet at the Ace cafe for a ride int Hyde Park. I'll be coming down from Brum for it.

Russ

NLS

Thumbs up

now you found out?

I found (driving the demo) that must be soft not to wheelie with first gear, you can easily wheelie with second and you can even wheelie with third if you throw your weight a bit to the back

(always talk about power wheelies only)

oh it has the power :-) and it has the power EVERYWHERE (full range)

if this engine was allowed to pull more than 7700 RPM (say 1000 more), it would kill MANY MANY more bikes out there (as it would top end more than 110 HP)

jonboy

Re: It Wheelies off the thottle too

Originally posted by obewan
    I know it's not big and it's not clever
    Yes it is.

Just don't get caught!

Re: It Wheelies off the thottle too

Originally posted by obewan
    I know it's not big and it's not clever but it is fun.
    It is big and clever... Just make sure you're in a safe place

I found that out after the 2nd roundabout... ya'hsee... I was borrowing the bike that Hoove rides a lot... and I went straight across the first roundabout,... ... pulls nice... then the next one was a right-turn, and I took the inner line, and to my pure enjoyment a few seconds later I was wheelying past the 316 in the inner lane...

Sorry Hoove, but it's a demo and it needed to demo what it can do... well, I did order one from you guys after all

.. Now who's got any stoppie tips for the 12?

In fact any general stoppie tips?

Wheelies scare me, I have to admit, I'd love to be able to do a controlled wheelie but never have the bottle.

On the other hand, doing an amateur stoppie is easy, just squeeze the front brake hard and shift your weight forwards. Works on my Fazer 600 anyway. I would have thought ABS makes it easier as you can worry less about losing the front end.

The less controlled part though, I find, is when the back end comes down again with a massive crash and I worry for my rear shock. Any tips?

Russ
    Stoppies!

Aside from climbing over the front of the bike and yanking the brake thats all you can really do.

I can do small stoppies on the VFR, but they need careful planning as otherwise ABS kicks in! But i find progressive application of the brakes for a few seconds followed by a quick squeeze (fnar fnar) will bring the rear upwards.

Repeating this exercise on a ZX6R loan bike i nearly ended up flying over the bars! those damn sportsbikes are so nose heavy, no proper weight distribution

Irish Al
    Originally posted by Mouse
    Wheelies scare me, I have to admit, I'd love to be able to do a controlled wheelie but never have the bottle.
    I went to wheelie school a month ago and had a great time. Wheelies scared the shit out of me too but a day at the school everything seemed so calm, no drama, no scares and almost easy to wheelie. Would highly recommend it to anyone, just for the experience.

Al

Haud via quoque scabrosus Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'll second that!
    '06 HP2 E...................2006 - 2014
    '02 R1150 GS Adv........2004 - 2006
    '01 F650 GS Dakar.......2001 - 2004
    '91 R100 GS...............1995 - 1999
    '83 R80 G/S...............1986 - 1993
    '81 R80 G/S...............1982 - 1985

Reggie
    Hi Spout,

I reckon you've got so good use out of my photo!

As per our chat at the rock show why not give me a bell and we'll get some more shots done, to show the lads what really can be done with an 1150!

Regards

Reggie AKA The Cameraman

Deleted Member MM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by NLS
    you can even wheelie with third if you throw your weight a bit to the back
    (always talk about power wheelies only)

3rd yes Doing a bit of lane splitting with Charlie on the Back of my 12.. down into 3rd. against the stop.. up she comes
    Don't know who got the biggest fright, Me, Charlie or the traffic around me

Paragon, you have now confirmed what I always suspected ...... you are a complete prick (no parts missing)

Yup, thats what a prick would say

I may have put on a bit of weight, but I am not an elephant

Erhm... Personally I've yet to meet a person who actually can wheelie, and says it's not cool...

... Just a note, like...

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Hoy mush....I've got a 1200 and I'm not a mormon. (C of E actually)
    This was a reply to Paragons post, but its gone... disappeared into the ether (which is what he's been drinking methinks)
    Bloody hell...wierd, I;ve reposted before he posted. I must septic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast