Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tarp kit

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Tarp poles

Hi ronniez1a903

I've just picked up a set from cotsworloutdors £18 each but with my discount from ukgser they came out at just over £30 -
    If this helps the discount code is af-ukgserd5

Happy camping

Steve

re tarp poles

hi steve
    many thanks
    best regards Ronnie.

Tarp poles

Hi ronni
    Hope you get sorted with the poles what ever you go for

Ta steve

Madam Trixies House of ill repute somewhere on the outskirts of Doncaster
    A dutch company ESVO CAMPINGS sell nesting tarp poles of various overall sizes similar to the Bubogears. The prices seem reasonable, until you decide to order online.
    As they estimate that it will cost 12.50 euros to ship 2 x sets of either 190cm or 200cm poles to the UK. The sting however is that they also levy a 7.50 euro surcharge for paying via a credit card

Don't bother with the poles. Get a trap (the British Army ones on ebay looked the goods) and some shock cord. Use some imagination and tie it to whatever is available. I've been using an Australian Army tarp (aka hoochie/hutchie) for years and is perfect for all conditions, except heavy snow and inviting ladies over for cultural exchange purposes. It is, however, advisable to dig a small drainage channel on the uphill side if rain is expected. Packs down small. Weighs nothing.

got one of those myself ,great tarp ,and your right ,just make some bands from an old inner tube on the corners ,and some para cord

Quote Originally Posted by stephen.stallebrass View Post
    I'm glad you asked. Its a flag of The Flying Spaghetti Monster it's the deity of the parody religion The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism. I've been touched by his noodly appendage. Here's a summary of Pastafarianism: The FSM is made up of spaghetti and meatballs, its balls are much bigger than all the other god(s). It has the only heaven in town with a beer volcano and a stripper factory. The FSM created the universe after drinking heavily. Pirates are divine and their image as thieves is misinformation, they were actually peace-loving explorers. Furthermore global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of pirates. Arggghhhh me mateys! Every Friday is a holy day. For more information read The Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster and visit the fourm. Why not try it out for for 30 days, if you don't like it, your old religion will most likely take you back.

Ramen brothers and sisters.

xXx
    This is great, thanks for posting it up

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5859 View Post
    This is great, thanks for posting it up
    Your welcome. Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

It's weird actually because I was just looking at Tarps. I quite like the look of the Robens Xtra Lite 2.5 x 3 Tarp. Probably about the same shade as my new MSR Hubba Hubba...

Bit expensive though at £120 but if I can get a deal I might have it???

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
    Got one from DD Hammocks (the large one) great for covering the tent and having an area to cook etc, do your self a favour and get a sleeve (possibly 2) for the tarp, you normally use them on the Hammocks, makes setting up much simpler.
    + 1 I agree DD is top gear, and they have a clearance sale on at the moment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12