Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Exmoor Explorer 4th-6th May 2012

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Arse

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by GSless Girl View Post
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Is there a place left on this outing? I live only 30 minutes ride from South Molton and would not need to camp if the campsite places are full. I would be riding a KTM 990 Adv with TKCs.
    Happiness is a bike and a tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Dean View Post
    Is there a place left on this outing? I live only 30 minutes ride from South Molton and would not need to camp if the campsite places are full. I would be riding a KTM 990 Adv with TKCs.
    Plenty of room as far as i'm aware, so will be good to see you. I'm also glad Jim's got the off road ride in a separate section, it keeps this main one decluttered.
    Let's hope we get some Bank Holiday sunshine and not the usual downpour!

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

As this is a three nighter for those who have the whole BH weekend I'm thinking I will probably head out on Sunday as well, but rather than a second off road ride do a little road ride around Exmoor. Nothing exciting, just a loop of the moor (about 70 miles) taking in Dulverton, Exford, Porlock Weir, couple of toll roads and a pub lunch somewhere. No other details to follow and no need to commit to it until the weekend itself.

sid

how many sleeps

Is it ok to come on the Saturday for the of road ride and a social? Happy to make a donation to the organising costs....

Mine is a pogo of sorts ( xchallenge)

Ian

Son of Ah Knah Yee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairnet600 View Post
    sid

how many sleeps
    See below
    PUI since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by IJGser View Post
    Is it ok to come on the Saturday for the of road ride and a social? Happy to make a donation to the organising costs....

Mine is a pogo of sorts ( xchallenge)

Ian
    It's fine for you to attend, just book in with Zena at the site if you're staying over. I've kept this event as simple as possible so the only costs are your own.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

A few pics to wet the walkers' appetites!

I had a wee amble on the moor t'other day, to recce a route for the walkers. Here's a couple of pics for you. A good full days walk with a well earned, and very tasty, lunch stop at a superb pub. I'll be looking for numbers wanting to walk nearer the time, as we may need to book a table if the groups fairly large.

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Booked

Just book our place

Wobbly box, bike, sidecar and dog all standing by. See you all there

Val & Jill.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Muffs, Gauchos & Splash Guards at www.theLMCco.com

Really looking forward to this. The pics for the walk confirms my original decision to join in for this. Hope to take a road trip to explore, having seen the pics of the coast also.

Have a few events between now and then - Wexford Invasion Part 11- and a trip to my daughter in Argentina so the time will fly by.

Cheers

Geraldine

Pitch booked.

Dood' Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Exmoor

Camping booked. just called and spoke to Zena. The place sounded rammed. Mind with the weather today no wonder
    The purpose of man is to live, not exist !!
    I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them..........
    I will use my time !!
    Kalahari yellow 1100GS.
    BMW Z3
    Prospector Kevlar Canoe.
    Marsport Epsilon K1
    Racelight road bike
    Stihl chainsaw

Room for a little one?

Lunchables.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I took Sandy out for a spin in the lovely sunshine today and treated her to a birthday lunch at Woods' Bar in Dulverton (this is the start/finish point for one of the walks). We took in some lovely winding roads, really suited to the GS, and i'll post some details of some of the roads in case you'd like to try them for yourselves. I'll also post details of a few local pubs that are worth a ride to, in case you fancy exploring the area on your own.
    Dulverton itself is a lovely little market town on the southern fringe of Exmoor, nestled by the River Barle. On a sunny day, like today, it's bright and welcoming, and will only get better as the season rolls on and all the trees and shrubs come out in colour.
    Lunch consisted of home smoked pancetta and black pudding salad with a poached egg for me, and sliced steak in a warm balsamic dressing for Sandy (the steak just melted in your mouth, the beef was that good!), along with home cooked chunky chips. We followed up with warm chocolate soufflé with caramelised bananas and clotted cream, and poached pear in a port syrup with raspberry sorbet and creme fraiche mousse. Portion size wasn't huge but, two courses gave us a lovely filling lunch that was prepared and cooked to a very high standard and, with drinks, cost us just over forty quid. If you get time to visit Dulverton, then head for Woods, it's worth it.

As this event's on for May bank holiday, and if the sun shines, it'll get fully booked sooner rather than later. If you're thinking of coming, get your places booked to ensure you've got a pitch to sleep on. I'm sure Zena will give me a shout if there's no room left nearer the time.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast