Thread: Lifetime Map Updater in Mac

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Lifetime Map Updater in Mac

I've downloaded the latest 2012.2 maps onto my Mac and have updated my Zumo 550 with WESTERN EUROPE mapping. Can anybody tell me why I cannot see the 2012.2 mapping in Basecamp? Is Mapinstall obsolete now that I've Lifetime Map Updater installed? How do I get the rest of Europe onto an SD card? (Assuming I can find 2012.2) Sorry to be such a Luddite.
    And yes I have searched through the threads but I can't seem to make sense of it all.

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Rather afraid I can't help you ... but if its any consolation nearly everyone that purchases the maps for life have problems installing and updating

You do know that it's not updates for your life ... just the life of your unit

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain"..... Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Rather afraid I can't help you ... but if its any consolation nearly everyone that purchases the maps for life have problems installing and updating

You do know that it's not updates for your life ... just the life of your unit

Thanks Micky. Someone, somewhere knows the answers to my questions.

Reality you can rely on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
    Someone, somewhere knows the answers to my questions.
    Why not call Garmin, they're really helpful

0808 238 0000

What I'm out for is a good time...

All the rest is propaganda!

My Photos

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    when you installed the mapping, did you click through the screen that asked if you wanted the maps on the computer as well as the gps unit?

if you did, that would explain your situation. 'fraid i don't know how to fix it, so maybe still a call to garmin?

If you did miss the screen to select maps to unit and pc, like I did, you need to let each screen fully load, then just do the download again and it works fine.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Try the 'Zumo Forum", lots of very knowledgable people on there.

I am a computer numpty and they haven't failed to help/solve my problems yet.

Good luck.