Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project Guzzi

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'm enjoying ready this thread Rushy

Who produces those pegs, I could do with lowering the pegs on my Griso and they seem just the ticket?

Andres
    Supermoto's not a wheel size it's a state of mind......

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogmios View Post
    Ooooh - i love those adjustable pegs and levers.
    appeals to my desire for detail and precision ....

or O.C.D as others may call it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    I'm enjoying ready this thread Rushy

Who produces those pegs, I could do with lowering the pegs on my Griso and they seem just the ticket?

Andres
    You likee ? They are $170 US plus shipping . I will PM you the details Andres
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

DRZ400-E Bright Yellow thing & '02 R1150GS Big Black Bling, '07 G650 X-Challenge .......all gone

Replaced by
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 4V...luvverly in black
    and 2011 R1200GS Triple Black workhorse

Old sage I'm only 49

1/10 see me.

BSD have done some mapping on Guzzis: http://bsd.uk.com/moto-guzzi-griso-8v-full-ecu-remap/ They are just north of Peterborough.

On the general footrests for Guzzis there are a number of options, Knight design, TLM http://www.tlm.nl/magazijn/webshop/details/26016/
    and ones designed for Aprilias are reputed to fit as well. http://www.sportouring.com/part.php?...01000%20R%20RR

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlander Strasse View Post
    BSD have done some mapping on Guzzis: http://bsd.uk.com/moto-guzzi-griso-8v-full-ecu-remap/ They are just north of Peterborough.
    Thats a great link , thanks for that

Ian
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

DRZ400-E Bright Yellow thing & '02 R1150GS Big Black Bling, '07 G650 X-Challenge .......all gone

Replaced by

Hey Andres,

Do you fancy doing a project on your Griso;

Click here to get some ideas....

Forgot to mention in my last post that she was deffo reacting badly to surface changes and white lines on my ride out so I checked out my tyres and was really surprised to see how much the past 800 miles seems to have squared the front off in particular. I wonder if that's why she doesn't turn in the way I'd like her too.....what a fekkin numpty.

I reckon she'll probably be great with some new boots on, Metzeler Sportec M3s are fitted at the mo but I'll probably try some Michelin Pilot Road 3s.

Replaced by

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Hey Andres,

Do you fancy doing a project on your Griso;

Click here to get some ideas....

I reckon she'll probably be great with some new boots on, Metzeler Sportec M3s are fitted at the mo but I'll probably try some Michelin Pilot Road 3s.
    That's quite a cool bike isn't it - sort of 'Superduke' / SM hybrid - I like it.

I really like the Griso's the way they are though and decided, when I bought mine, to leave it stock. It's only got a pipe and hugger which is how I'm gonna leave it. I may even take the hugger off as it looks better without IMHO.

I'm running M3's at the moment too and on my 2nd rear - can't say the front is squared off at all on mine but the rear wears out scarily fast. I can't fault their dry weather performance though; they handle and stick to the road really well and seem to suit the bike.

I'll be interested to see how the Michelins suit yours

Andres
    Supermoto's not a wheel size it's a state of mind......

Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    I'm running M3's at the moment too and on my 2nd rear - can't say the front is squared off at all on mine but the rear wears out scarily fast. I can't fault their dry weather performance though; they handle and stick to the road really well and seem to suit the bike.

I'll be interested to see how the Michelins suit yours

Andres
    Did a bit of googling and quite few peeps on diff' forums saying that the Metzeler M3 is a really great tyre but the mileage they get out of em is poor/they suddenly wear out quickly which certainly matches my experience. The M3 has been replaced by the M5 (5 compounds) which also got fantastic journo reviews when it was launched but I cant seem to find much written by peeps who have used them long term.

Might just go with the Metzelers again and get the M5. I'm going to price them both up tomorrow.

Replaced by

Rushy,

Well you aren't the only GSer with one of these fine gentlemens expresses
    I live in London and you don't see them here either, though I did see 3 in one day last Summer out and about on the GS in Kent, go figure?

I too have the same GPR exhaust on mine, have you "de-snorkelled " her yet?
    I don't know how much difference it made, or it could be just using mine more over the summer on a long B road only trip down through France and back (well, the French equivalent of B roads), but I don't find the small throttle sensitivity a problem now?
    I agree about the standard tyres, lovely and sticky, but not really needed with the nicely-pokey-but-hardly-a-1198 levels of performance? Besides, I am quite quickly wearing the edge of my boots away on my favourite roundabout! I'll go for something more Sport-Touing next I suspect..

On the handling, it's not as erm, intuitive as the 1200GS imho, (but then what is), but seems fine to me, it ripped the headlamps of a CBR1300 Honda and Yam XJR1300 in a Performance Bike magazine test a year or so back, not saying much maybe, but they hooned it round a track without any complaints and loved it, and that's hardly a guzzi friendly publication? I suspect the standard suspension is a notch below say the Griso, but the all day comfort, reasonable weather protection, decent panniers etc, and that horny snorting engine that is about the same performance as the GS but feels waaay more exciting, well that's good enough for me

Cheers and happy Guzzying

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've enjoyed this thread. A good thread about mucking about / tinkering with bikes rather than a lot bollocks that occurs elsewhere.
    Any pictures yet?
    Craig

- Chocks away, bandits 12 o'clock -

Quote Originally Posted by wavey_davey View Post
    Rushy,

Well you aren't the only GSer with one of these fine gentlemens expresses
    I live in London and you don't see them here either, though I did see 3 in one day last Summer out and about on the GS in Kent, go figure?

I too have the same GPR exhaust on mine, have you "de-snorkelled " her yet?
    I don't know how much difference it made, or it could be just using mine more over the summer on a long B road only trip down through France and back (well, the French equivalent of B roads), but I don't find the small throttle sensitivity a problem now?
    I agree about the standard tyres, lovely and sticky, but not really needed with the nicely-pokey-but-hardly-a-1198 levels of performance? Besides, I am quite quickly wearing the edge of my boots away on my favourite roundabout! I'll go for something more Sport-Touing next I suspect..

On the handling, it's not as erm, intuitive as the 1200GS imho, (but then what is), but seems fine to me, it ripped the headlamps of a CBR1300 Honda and Yam XJR1300 in a Performance Bike magazine test a year or so back, not saying much maybe, but they hooned it round a track without any complaints and loved it, and that's hardly a guzzi friendly publication? I suspect the standard suspension is a notch below say the Griso, but the all day comfort, reasonable weather protection, decent panniers etc, and that horny snorting engine that is about the same performance as the GS but feels waaay more exciting, well that's good enough for me

Cheers and happy Guzzying

Dave
    Hi Dave, nice post , nice bike

Pipe is de snorkelled and I think new boots will make a big difference to the handling and my confidence in the bike. There is a hard to find , very grainy promo clip on you tube of some guys properly throwing 'em about . The bike is certainly a much more comfortable ride than my Fazer, the screen is surprisingly effective, 90mph cruising all day long but I do intend to sort out the stretch to the bars & I have ordered a set of those adjustable pegs to try . I have the panniers too.

Kit and clothes in the panniers , luggage web on the seat hump tent packed on top, almost as practical as my old 1150GS and the engine certainly makes the bike.

Replaced by

Tank and mudguard are back..........

Quote Originally Posted by craig614 View Post
    I've enjoyed this thread. A good thread about mucking about / tinkering with bikes rather than a lot bollocks that occurs elsewhere.
    Any pictures yet?
    Thanks , here are some shots of the new paint job , picked it up Monday and fitted the mudguard but keeping the original tank on for now until I have picked up a new fuel filter and possibly a new 'open airbox' lid as I might as well do that too at the same time.

I'm really pleased with the job Lee at Motopaint did for me. Quick turnaround, greta finish, all badges removed and replaced properly and he did a nice interpretation of what I wanted with a very poor design brief from me....

Motopaint, Cradley Heath , West Mids..

Replaced by

Here is a before and after of the bike with the mudguard fitted and I think it was a good decision to not go with a speed strip but instead to have just the centre section in filled white . I got exactly the look I wanted in that the white screen now kinda flows down into the white on the guard. I know the pinstripe effect is different to the actual detailing on the screen but I'm not bothered about that and if I was I could just get Lee to repaint the small screen for me at a later date.

Like I said the tank that I had painted was a spare here is an overhead shot of how the bike looks now with the standard tank fitted, when I fit the new one I'll take another shot but you can get the idea from the piccies in the previous post.

Replaced by

Very nice

Looks good from the front. Yep, be nice to see it once the tank is on.
    Craig

- Chocks away, bandits 12 o'clock -

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

thats a very pretty bike
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast