Thread: large allen plug on right of engine

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

large allen plug on right of engine

what is the large allen head plug on the side of the engine by the headers, the one with the spring behind it?

and does it matter that I undid it then did it back up?

anyone?

Ignorant elitist Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadcaptain View Post
    anyone?

Take a piccy.......post it up.

I have no idea which bit you're talking about, and it's raining outside so I'm not going out to look either
    If nobody suddenly appears in front of you from the future to stop you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

can't get a pic now, it is on the right hand side pretty much exactly where to oil sight glass is on the other side

Why did you undo it?
    If nobody suddenly appears in front of you from the future to stop you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

thought it was drain plug and wanted to let a little oil out as I overfilled

live and learn

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcaptain View Post

Jaysus frikking chryst!!

You removed part number 10???

Ok, make sure you don't return to the bike, close all your curtains to stop shards of glass coming in when she explodes and get your kids to lie under their beds

Good luck, and I hope you make it to the morning

PS don't worry about it

It's part of the lubrication system, according some of the other pictures on that site. I'd guess it's a pressure relief valve or pressure regulator on one of the oil circuits, since the plug retains a spring-loaded piston. Did you lose or displace any bits when you took it out? Doesn't look to me like it would do any harm to loosen and replace, but I'm just inferring that from the diagram.

P.S. I agree with Fanum on part of his answer. But it might be fun to get the kids to lie under the bed as well.

didnt disturb anything, took out plug cleaned surfaces then reassembled,didn't even take spring out. I agree it will do no harm just thought I better check

thanks guys

still beating Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Put the Allen Keys in the bin and repeat after me

Don't touch what I don't understand
    Don't touch what I don't understand

It will save you a fortune.