Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE MODERATORS,CAN YOU

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

PLEASE MODERATORS,CAN YOU

please, would it be possible to have seperate sections within the accomodation forum for each individual country to assist members to search for relevant regions .

If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Accommodation

Sounds like a very good idea to me

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    It's really very easy, just use the advanced search option to search for the country you wish within the accommodation section.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan1150 View Post
    It's really very easy, just use the advanced search option to search for the country you wish within the accommodation section.
    Trouble is with that, if someone has located the accommodation as in "Normandy" or "Paris" or whatever (without using the word "France"), it won't be picked up on a search for the country...e.g. Maison Laudeire.

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Buygum View Post
    Trouble is with that, if someone has located the accommodation as in "Normandy" or "Paris" or whatever (without using the word "France"), it won't be picked up on a search for the country...e.g. Maison Laudeire.
    Point taken.

That also gives some idea of the work involved in pulling all the different mentions of places into individual sections within the parent section.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Shedi Knight Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I use both 'region' and 'country' - or even 'town' plus the other two - same as google maps.
    's easy.
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmios View Post
    I use both 'region' and 'country' - or even 'town' plus the other two - same as google maps.
    's easy.
    Point is, if I'm looking for somewhere in France but am flexible about the region, town, I can't specify them. Searching for "France" won't find anything located by the region or town.

If you know where you want to go then, yes, "Search" will probably help.

Point is, if I'm looking for somewhere in France but am flexible about the region, town, I can't specify them. Searching for "France" won't find anything located by the region or town.

If you know where you want to go then, yes, "Search" will probably help.
    Fair enough.
    bit off topic;
    With France, if i'm not sure / particular, but want something nice - i just narrow it down to the best looking/sounding 'Logis De France' hotel in the area.

Never been disappointed / always been quirky places with good food / rooms and buildings can be pleasantly 'odd'.

Interesting. As E Buygum has mentioned us I used the search facility to find us and if you search 'Normandy' or 'France' we appear on the list BUT if you search for 'Normandy France' we don't! I guess that is down to the way guests list accommodation on the forum.

I was looking for somewhere in Austria the other day and used the search which was great but when I wanted to drill down to a specific town there were no places listed. Admittedly again it must be down to how people post up and how they word it, or no one has stayed there before!

I guess it would be difficult to be able to search for a specific town/city and have the option of searching set distances away from that place i.e 5km, 15km etc. unless there was a template used when entering comments about accommodation.
    www.maisonlaudiere.com

B&B in Orne (61), Lower Normandy, France

www.continentalrider.com

Motorcycle Touring Products

Tank, I thought I would chip in as this rang a bell. Last year, when looking for a base in Northern France, I didn't find you here (shame...your place looks perfect) when I did a search. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but if I do Advanced Search, Accommodation section, and use the keyword "France", I still don't see you. However, if I use keyword "Normandy", I do. Very odd....computers, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Interesting. As E Buygum has mentioned us I used the search facility to find us and if you search 'Normandy' or 'France' we appear on the list BUT if you search for 'Normandy France' we don't! I guess that is down to the way guests list accommodation on the forum.

I was looking for somewhere in Austria the other day and used the search which was great but when I wanted to drill down to a specific town there were no places listed. Admittedly again it must be down to how people post up and how they word it, or no one has stayed there before!

I guess it would be difficult to be able to search for a specific town/city and have the option of searching set distances away from that place i.e 5km, 15km etc. unless there was a template used when entering comments about accommodation.

E.Buygum, Oui, ces't bizzare!! Ah the wonders of technology.

When I use the 'search' feature I just click 'search this forum' on the accommodation section then I just type in the place I want to search for accommodation in i.e 'France' or if I know the region I want then I put that in in the box that opens and then I press 'enter' rather than selecting the advanced search feature as I limit my search just to the accommodation section rather than 'all posts' for say France!

If, when using the advanced search, you don't select a forum it searches the whole site and then I guess it is like google the place you want could be on page 750,000!!!
    www.maisonlaudiere.com

www.continentalrider.com

E.Buygum it certainly seems to operate very much like a google search because if you search for Tony's place 'Riders rest' you can find him by putting in 'central massif' or 'central massif france' and it does not matter if you do the quick search or use the advanced you will find him and, in fact, the same applies for him when searching on google for 'central massif b&b' not even mentioning biker b&b and he comes up.

It's a bit like trying to enter a location into my Garmin Sat Nav, if you don't know the correct way to search for certain 'double-barrel' named places it can all go Pete Tongue very easily

I think it is some kind of dark art all this computer stuff!!
    www.maisonlaudiere.com

www.continentalrider.com

what about seperating every word... so you can search how many times the "tw4t" appears in the whole forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmios View Post
    ...always been quirky places ... rooms and buildings can be pleasantly 'odd'.

Hello Og. Thought you'd get away with this, did you?

We're watching you

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by FLASH View Post
    Hello Og. Thought you'd get away with this, did you?

We're watching you

Sheesh!
    i put "quirky" and "odd" into a post and a Flash goes off.

hello you - long time no hear from you and wayyy too long time no see.
    Good to 'see' you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast