Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. New and secondhand BMW parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1150 to 1200

1150 to 1200

Hi All

currently have 03 GS and have been offered a 09 GSA from a dealer will i be able to swop anything to it

ie i have corbins on my GS will they fit on the GSA i think i know the answer but i am hoping to be pleasantly surprised buy the fonts of all knowledge on here.

on a different note if i decide to go ahead with this what do i need to be aware of (have read most of the threads on here so have a vague idea) and would anyone like to purchase a 1150 GS no abs

thanks

eon

Euro - GSer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I doubt anything will swap over, the Corbin seat certainly won't

Tyres are the same size and that's about it
    JohnnyBoxer

RJB Asset Finance - Vehicle, Machinery & Equipment Finance for Agricultural, Commercial and Rural Business

So many roads...........So little time......

i had a funny feeling that might be the answer

anyone have any thoughts on a 09 GSA

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by eonbkuk View Post

What sort of thoughts are you looking for?

I'll kick you off.... It's a year younger than an 08 and a year older than an 09.

Euro - GSer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    i had a funny feeling that might be the answer

Don't buy it .................without a warranty
    JohnnyBoxer

RJB Asset Finance - Vehicle, Machinery & Equipment Finance for Agricultural, Commercial and Rural Business

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Don't buy it .................without a warranty
    If it's from a BMW dealer it will have an approved BMW used warranty although IMO it's hardly essential

Never taken out an extended warranty on any BMW

Take it for a test ride and see if you like it is the only real advice you need
    Paul S

Previous BM's: R100GS, R1100GS, R1150GS, R1200GS(04), R1150GSA(04), R1200GSA(06), R1200GSA(08), R1200GS TB (11) written off, R1200GS WC (13)
    Current Bikes: Triumph Scrambler & R1200GSA WC

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post

I'll kick you off.... It's a year younger than an 08 and a year older than an 09.
    Some dodgy advice there I think
    Paul S

Previous BM's: R100GS, R1100GS, R1150GS, R1200GS(04), R1150GSA(04), R1200GSA(06), R1200GSA(08), R1200GS TB (11) written off, R1200GS WC (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post

whether to actually go for a 1200 against the 1150 i have

i do like the added weather protection and the longer range but have heard horror stories of the 1200 with this and that going wrong

i do like the added weather protection and the longer range but have heard horror stories of the 1200 with this and that going wrong
    If the "stories" worry you then don't buy one
    Paul S

Dream Maker
    Ride it and see what you think. It's a completely different animal to the 1150 and you won't have to shovel more coal in the boiler to make it go quickly Joking aside, it may look similar but is a lot lighter, handles better and the engine picks up quicker IMHO.

Nothing is interchangeble from the 1150 apart from tyres and your best bet would be return your 1150 to standard and sell all those bits like the seats you've accumulated over the years.

If it's from a dealer you should have FSH so ask what work has been done to it warranty wise. The paint finish isn't as good as the old ones so have a good look out for a bit of corrosion but that depends on mileage etc.
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

R1200GSA
    Yamaha XT600E

Like said above nothing will fit. In terms of the upgrade it's like going from a VW Beatle to a 911
    2010 R1200GS
    07 Aprilia Tuono

Dream Maker

Just remember that the huge majority are completely reliable and you rarely hear from satisfied and happy owners. If it comes with warranty you have piece of mind for 12 months by which time you will know you made teh right choice
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

R1200GSA
    Yamaha XT600E

Hardly Ableson... Click here to find out how to Subscribe

if in doubt, dont..... if you like it and want it buy it... simples....
    Quote Originally Posted by att View Post

Death by Nigel is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Some dodgy advice there I think
    See, look what happens when people have 'thoughts' They get half of it close.

...... but have heard horror stories of the 1200 with this and that going wrong
    You missed out : and the other.

It's this, that and the other going wrong.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    Just remember that the huge majority are completely reliable and you rarely hear from satisfied and happy owners. If it comes with warranty you have piece of mind for 12 months by which time you will know you made teh right choice

i realise that you only hear the bad

i have ridden a update 10 model and was impressed with that and the dealer really wants to sell me one so will have to arrange a suitable date

thanks for all the advice

eon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast