Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reckon a GS would fit in the porch?

reckon a GS would fit in the porch?

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Grand_Can...FQMNtAodGBz_Dg

i'm not actually after a tent, but i saw some tents designed to take a GS inside for ~£300. then i saw this. might be of interest to someone...

Pro Conveen fitter Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Barely.

It would have to be pushed in rather than ridden in then dismounted from, and TBH, I'll never try it anyway......Having seen a GS go over in a tent porch when it rained overnight, letting the sidestand sink in, There's no way I'd want to sleep within falling distance of a quarter-1/3rd of a tonne of steel with sticky out bits high up.

Tent and tarp to shelter under if you need to work on the bike in shit conditions........that's what I'd go for if I wasn't such a poof that i don't camp if I can possibly help it anymore
    A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

ouch!

i have learned the hard way that its positively suicidal parking your bike within falling distance of where your sleeping !! ,mine fell over in the night engine block grazed my forehead front wheel landed on my chest ,this was bike on centre stand sinking due to wet weather at a rally , never never will i park near again death in the night isnt a good thing ! , i see those tents that advertise a bike parking area and i shudder

Quote Originally Posted by mikey5 View Post
    i have learned the hard way that its positively suicidal parking your bike within falling distance of where your sleeping !! ,mine fell over in the night engine block grazed my forehead front wheel landed on my chest ,this was bike on centre stand sinking due to wet weather at a rally , never never will i park near again death in the night isnt a good thing ! , i see those tents that advertise a bike parking area and i shudder
    Some lucky escapes there, but I have used the bike with a tarp strung over it as a 'tent' for overnight stops. Make sure its on firm ground ( or stick something under the sidestand ) and don't sleep on the same side as the bike is leaning.

Don't see why you couldn't use the same principle in a tent.
    Ploughing on regardless.......

Campsite Clouseau

www.warpspeedadvanced.com

Pro Conveen fitter Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by phooey View Post

Don't see why you couldn't use the same principle in a tent.
    Because one night, you'll pull up at a campsite soaking wet, cold, tired and pissed off, whack the tent up then find that the Germans behind you have made it impossible to put your bike in the 'right way' around, and you'll think 'sod it, it's only one night' then you'll get your head caved in by your rocker covers

It's not worth it

Get a tent and a tarp, job done
    A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving

07771 772511
    We are talking about motorbikes aren't we?

WTF would ever possess you that makes you think it would be a good idea to try and bring it in to a tent? Are you going to try and shag it?

I'm sure it won't fall to bits over night, and if you think a fraction of an inch of nylon provides security then you've never camped in France...........
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Put your bike in the tent and sleep outside.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    Put your bike in the tent and sleep outside.

My Tentipi Zirkon 7 tent is so huge inside you could ride your GS around the centre pole!

I run the bike untill it's hot(outside of course i'm not a complete muppet) then park it in the tent and hey presto.......A '1200cc' night storage heater it easily lasts untill around 3am but it depends what time yo hit the sack......Why spend £600 on an Eldfall Tentipi stove when a £13k GSA can do the job just as well......!

FP.
    13 G650GS Sertao, 11G650GS/FL, 10 R1200GSA30 Desierto 3

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    [IMG]http://www.*************/avatar7.jpg[/IMG]Some lucky escapes there, but I have used the bike with a tarp strung over it as a 'tent' for overnight stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Palmer View Post

My Tentipi Zirkon 7 tent is so huge inside you could ride your GS around the centre pole!

I run the bike untill it's hot(outside of course i'm not a complete muppet) then park it in the tent and hey presto.......A '1200cc' night storage heater it easily lasts untill around 3am but it depends what time yo hit the sack......Why spend £600 on an Eldfall Tentipi stove when a £13k GSA can do the job just as well......!

FP.
    Get one of the collapsible stove pipes hooked up to the end can, poke it out the door and leave the bike idling all night.

Have a look at the Redverz tent.

It is made to park your GS inside.

Tent parking

Why would you want to park the thing in a tent anyway? Surely the idea of having a vestibule area is that you can store your kit and sit in if the weather is a bit shite? Bizzare concept!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
    Get one of the collapsible stove pipes hooked up to the end can, poke it out the door and leave the bike idling all night.
    Mmmmm, I just love the smell of carbon monoxide in the morning.............Either that or waking up dead!

FP.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Palmer View Post
    Mmmmm, I just love the smell of carbon monoxide in the morning.............Either that or waking up dead!

FP.
    If you died from carbon monoxide fumes you could open a lawsuit against the manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    If you died from carbon monoxide fumes you could open a lawsuit against the manufacturers.

Well it won't be anytime today................Just been out to my shed and the GS is as dead as a doormouse!

Turn on the ignition and nothing not even a glimmer of anything, two years old now and the battery is toast!

Just goes to show that it's never a good idea to stick the Optimate on one of the tractors instead of leaving it on the bike!

Maybe i could sue John Deere!

FP.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I got one of the Nomad tents from Nippy ,a couple years ago. Its shown in my Avatar ! The beauty of this tent is , if it is wet , you can erect the outer , over the Bike and then unload in the dry ,and erect the inner in the dry ! You can then park outside ! Visa versa in the morning !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast