Remap by Hilltop Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My GSA is booked in on Saturday at Hilltop a remap.

Have you had yours done then? Interested in hearing from those that have had that.. already seen a couple of complimentary comments, but perhaps any longer term thoughts/experiences also useful?

Cheers,
Rob :thumb2

My GSA is booked in on Saturday at Hilltop a remap.

Have you had yours done then? Interested in hearing from those that have had that.. already seen a couple of complimentary comments, but perhaps any longer term thoughts/experiences also useful?

Cheers,
Rob :thumb2
Are you using the standard OEM air filter ? , or is your bike completely standard ?
I was thinking of fitting a K & N filter , then a re mapp ... my bike is a 2010 gsa,

regards

Tony

Are you using the standard OEM air filter ? , or is your bike completely standard ?
I was thinking of fitting a K & N filter , then a re mapp ... my bike is a 2010 gas ,

regards

Tony

Tony.. at the moment bike is standard 2009 GSA (not twin cam).. aside a Remus hexacone can. Not considered any more farkles so far :confused:

A remap?

To what?

Are you running some form of power commander/ FI controller?

Or are they going to charge you a fortune for a Steptoe link? :confused:

No, I do believe that they re-flash the EPROM in the ECU in the same way that car tuners do.

Ay up Rob .... had my G650XC done by Hilltop, went down with Fran & Tony :thumb

Worth every penny my friend :eek:

:beerjug:

An extract from a recent discussion that I had with a member on here who had his R1200 GS remapped by Hilltop.....

"....it went from around 80bHp (rear wheel), 70 Ft-lb to 94bHp, over 84 Ft-lb peaking at lower revs. I know many would suspect the figures (which is why I won't bother posting results on forum) but I saw the runs done and Geoff strikes me as an entirely genuine guy. My bike was running insanely lean at low revs (even with accelerator module) and now it ain't.'

I went down the PC3 route on mine which when set up by a good dyno man gives similar results.

His words to me were that every twin really should have a re map or PC3 as the effect is greater than with a multi cylinder.

The difference riding a bike which is fuelled correctly is chalk and cheese and worth the effort IMHO:thumb

Still happy

Roberto - I can only echo what Micky says. Nearly 18 months on, still happy with the result. Don't think there's any real difference in fuel consumption or range but smoothness and performance, particularly mid range where it matters sold it for me.

Magnet has since bought a newer 800gs which she says is smoother off the shelf than the older model. She's also acquired a booster plug on recommendation so she may well be along to offer her thoughts on that.

Great feedback, thanks for the comments

:beerjug:

Remap

Any idea what the cost would be? I am happy to wait for feedback on here after the job's been done for Rob/gr8roberto. I'm on the Isle of Man, so I can't exactly rush over to Earl Shilton any time soon!
I feel happy with my 2004 GS, but it may just be that I don't know how much better it could be.....
Neil

If on a budget get a accelerator module, nowhere near as good as a custom remap, but for £30 you will get smoother running and a shade more mid-range.

Had ZZR14 remapped at Hilltop and it was very nice afterwards, but as stated not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom