Quick trip to Romania....

bikerider007

Reaction score
Any personal experiences of hire company's out there ...
i know that there are plenty on the web
we are doing a 4 dayer fly in fly out thing
cheers

Enjoy mate, great place.

One word of advice for you.. Transfăgărășan.

:thumb2

thats the one..... was there a couple of nights ago....and after walking the group to the taxi rank, i got one myself, the driver must have been deaf as am sure I said Cristian, but he dropped me off at Rockstadt!! made more new freinds though!!

All I can say is has a ball!
Love Romania, ok bit biased because I have family there in Fagaras and a few other areas.
If there is one thing you must not miss is the Transfăgărășan. Do it, twice! The north side has better roads but its a dream.
If your really good and get to try the locals firewater, hang on to ya boots. The white stuff is lethal but effective, Rachiu is the name. Red stuff Visinata, half the potent strenght! And then theres the homemade wine.......Dont forget the beer, good gear!
Drum Bun!

cheers

well where abouts in Romania are you going ? it depends alot. places like signora (town in the country) there are a few which are cheap and easy to find at street level . . . but in the big city like Bucharest there are mahy but harder to find and can cost a lot more . . . its actually cheap to just buy one of you are going to use it for say . . 2 weeks or more.

I think I just did a bit of sick in my mouth :barf

RAW?

You're not well you're not :rob

Yes indeed... raw!
That's why I like Murfatlar... it may not be the best wine out there, but it's cheap, and it got me through some meals that I otherwise have eaten with any other method.
And the cheese was pretty rancid too, if I recall correctly :barf

Attachments

• Rom 053.jpg
    Rom 053.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 207
ahhh breakfast! its actually smoked pork fat.... better with the stronger stuff than wine..

Yes, we had the stronger stuff... well, a small amount anyway, the rest was poured into the pot plant :D

Nothing went to waste, food-wise, though...

Attachments

• Rom 056.jpg
    Rom 056.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 110
motorcycle rental company in Romania

cheers

If you're interested in motorcycle hire, Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live has great BMW motorcycles, the GS models (F650, F800 or R1200). They are also motorbike tours organizers in Eastern Europe.
Details on www.motorcycle-tours.travel. Ride safe!

Back
Top Bottom