Altberg Boots

I have a pair of aqua sneakers got them a year ago i have used then 5 days a week 12 hours a day for work and use them every time i am on the bike they have never failed not once their the best thing i have every had on my feet , all i do is clean and polish them , 100% great boot

It was reading this very thread that convinced me to get a pair - which I subsequently did from forum member st1cks - and I'm very pleased I did so.

Excellent all round: comfort, build and quality. :thumb

R

Going to Altberg this month to be fitted for a pair.

After years of sore feet really looking forward to it.

Tom

how are the boots going Paul
Probably done about 50 miles (walking) in them now John and they are fine :thumb2

Walked 2 miles the other night, spent an 80's theme night in the pub dancing in them :eek: then staggered home another 2 miles.... on my feet solid for 7 hours and they were fine :)

Probably used the Leader Gris Extreme a dozen times now and they are starting to soften up.... thanks for the tip :thumb2

ordered a new pair of laces for my Hogg Lites today .. ( they aren't knackered yet - but they will snap some time very soon)

nothing special in that apart from the fact that i have had these boots since Sept '07 and wear them most days for dog walking in all weathers, as well as for the bike. 5 years plus out of laces that get used every day is brill.

never had a problem with water ingress, but i do use the leder gris religiously.

Last edited:
Altberg service

I've had a pair of Hoggs for about 5 years and love 'em apart from the inconvenience of having to lace them up, so I bought a pair of RoadRunners in March 2012. Again, great boots but the zips seemed rather stiff. Sure enough the left boot zip jammed altogether last week and I had to get a pair of grips on it to get my foot out (and broke off the zip pull in the process)! Sent them back to Altberg who have contacted me today to say they've sorted the problem out and the boots are on their way back to me with a couple of tins of leder gris for my inconvenience.

Top marks to Altberg! Great boots and great service. Thoroughly recommended.

Al

Remarkable

It's amazing the amount of favourable feedback on this thread for Altbergs, I don't recall another product being approved of so unanimously on here. Count me in as another very satisfied customer.
:beerjug:

PS I did a 450 mile round trip to their factory for a fitting, and, of course they fitted perfectly from the beginning. I've also used them roaming up and down the mountains here in Snowdonia, my feet are always dry as a bone.

PPS NEVER USE ORDINARY SHOE POLISH, stick to the recommended LederGris, there was a bloke complaining that his boots leaked at the factory when I was there, his complaint was dismissed out of hand because he had used ordinary shoe polish.
:beerjug:

Last edited:
about a year ago I turned up at altbergs factory and after a short time I came away with a pair of aqua sneakers , how good ! their the best boot ive ever had on my feet , rode to the stella rally in Italy in all sorts of weather , had them on my feet 13 hrs aday 5 days aweek their still water proof look great , so I thought to my self I will ring them up see if they got any in stock and go get another pair at the weekend , to the answer of no we don't keep the wide fit in stock and if you want a pair order them pay for them , it will take 12 weeks plus to get them made up , , You got to be kidding , sorry like but the attitude on the phone was shocking it was like wait for them or shove it do you know who we are !!!!!!! very poor

it will take 12 weeks plus to get them made up

But that's always been the case for as long as I've known about Altbergs (at least 10 years) and it took similar for mine to be delivered too....:nenau

If the attitude was as you say, then that does stink but I've always found them to very helpful both on the phone and at the factory...:thumb

Just waiting for my new boots to arrive from them as they are being modified to my requirements.

First pair of boots ever that were comfortable when I put them on in the showroom

Tom

brilliant boots

got a pair of Bandog lites (not made any more) and some clubman roadsters?? -the ones the cops use....

had both sets re soled (had them for years) and they are still brilliant....

don't know how long they will last but will keep them going as long as possible....agree about the griswax stuff - do them regularly..........

.........about twice a year!!

Altberg =:beerjug::beerjug::beerjug:

I wear Altberg Peacekeepers for work. Hurt like a bitch wearing them in but now the most comfy boot I've ever owned.

Folks,

Thought I'd add my tuppence worth.
I was working in Hazel-Grove (nr M'cr) last week and drove up on Friday to Altberg after making an appointment with Paul. He spent time explaining the various measurements and then gave me a pair of hiking boots in that size (length and width) to try on. He explained that the 'last' is the same, so the hiking boots were still representive of what I'd get from the Hogg All Weather I was ordering.
Didn't have any problem and he was very helpful.
While I was there I had a look into the 'factory' where the motorcycle and special order boots are made (the rest being made in Italy and romania - army boots and the 'standard' stuff). I know they said they don't do a refurbishment, but I saw a pair of boots that I would have thought only fit for the bit and black gaffa tape wrapped arount the toe. Turns out the client dried out the boots over the radiator and the sole fell off (their glue is heat cured). "Will these be able to be brought back to life ?" I asked "Oh, yes" said Paul, they'll be good as new. So maybe they are still doing some (maybe limited or not advertised) refurbishment work.
Also, I said I'd allowed 8-12 weeks for the boots. I was told I should have them in 3-4 weeks. Seems an ok wait.
I'll report back when I get them and what they are like...

My pair of microlites arrived today. They were a little tight fitting so I removed the floorboards that I had also ordered and they are now perfect. I expect them to loosen up as they break in and the floorboards can go back in then.

I wear boots in work all day and outside work except in v hot weather. These boots will have a rough life, it will be interesting to see how they handle it. I can now wear the same boots to work on the bike and, in work all day. No changing footwear...

They are replacing a 10 year old pair of Daytonas and I hope they will mean I won't have to pack a pair of walking shoes when going on trips on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom