A trip East...

MikeO

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This summer I will be forgoing my regular trip to the lumpier parts of Europe and have decided to head out solo for a couple of weeks - probably the last week of June and first week of July...

Where to go?

I'm content with the idea of a day or two on the Autoroute at the beginning and end of the trip , but otherwise want to be doing country roads at a rate of 200 miles or so per day. I'll be crossing the channel by Eurotunnel and will be staying in B&Bs or cheap hotels - and would really like internet connection to allow me to post a ride report as I go. I speak fluent Franglais, but have no Eastern European languages.

I rather like the idea of Romania.

As you will have gathered, this idea is in an early stage of gestation - I am open to suggestions and advice...

Cheers,

Mike :cool:

where to?

Never mind where to. Just get on with it, then we can all read your as usual brilliant report of the trip.

Cheers Glenn.:beerjug:

I'm looking at a similar thing in September, but still at early planning stage. Thinking of using motorail as they take you from Holland to north Italy while you sleep so seems time efficient. Its then a short hop to Slovenia and other eastern places.

Eger, then Sebastopol is on my list and then a loop back down into Romania

Was in Eger in 2010... smashin little spot, roads in/out of it as well were class. Gotta sample the Bulls Blood wine!! :jager

From Memory there was also a spot known as Valley of the Beautiful Women close by...:D

Gonna do Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania this June....can't wait:drool

I am heading off too but I think Romania needs a visa. Ukraine does not so that is my chosen destination. Up to the Russian border, take a snap and then head back to UK.

I am heading off too but I think Romania needs a visa. Ukraine does not so that is my chosen destination. Up to the Russian border, take a snap and then head back to UK.

Nowt needed for Romania, old chap.

Tips?

Take one of these :thumb

98025_A111T002S-Fire-Extinguisher_709x1064.jpg

oh Bill you fecker:D:D:D:D:D

cant help with advice mike but looking forward to the report:beer:

This time I am planning a trip for Eastern Europe because I found it interesting and variety of tourist places. I already booked a coach for my family that provider is South Dublin Bus Hire which was experienced enough and I get great opinions from my friends for their service, comfort, quality and reasonable cost. Can anyone suggest me some most famous tourist places in Eastern Europe? I need some suggestion by which I can plan my whole trip.

Back
Top Bottom