Muppet on youtube

He should sign up, he'd fit in well with you lot.

:thumby:

Steady on mate :eek:

You've not met many GSers then?

nerd.gif

.... if you asked me to mimic a Wasserhead owner It would have sounded like that guy.

He's got the Wasserhead caricature down to a tee with the right mix of every day uselessness and pathetic wining erm'ness

I've heard he's a professional but all his characters are of a similar fold - in fact his Mr Wasserhead impersonation is very close to his middle age'd insecure rent boy trying to attract attention character.

If this forum ever has the ability to read out posts I vote that he becomes the voice of the Wasserhead section :hide

He won't be hard to spot, he's the one with a 35th anniversary adventure * :blast

* His words in another of his entertaining movies, apparently he was off to feed the ducks, I have no idea whether that was achieved I lost the will to live and turned off :pullface

:jes:jes:jes:jes

three times the power of a normal GS:eek: the wasserhead boys will be chuffed to hear that:pullface

Adenoids :D:D:D

Hi Guys,

I'm a new 1200GS owner (picking mine up soon) and having watched this vid, I am afraid he comes across as the reason I stayed away from GSs all these years.

He is the stereotypical GS owner - a fat middle aged man who harks back to how good things were in his day and how nothing will be as good as his steam powered GS.

Having owned and ridden a lot of Jap\Italian bikes, and having ridden a few GSs over the years, I could never understand the appeal....slow and boring with a stupid indicator system which went against what everyone else was doing.

Now that I am a fat middle aged man that has been doing more and more touring miles, I have started to find my naked sports bike becoming a bit too uncomfortable. This has led me to look at the new breed of adventure bikes. I wanted a bike that was comfortable, I could tour on....and yet was still capable of scaring sports bikes in the twisties.

The new 2003 bike is it - its a revelation!
IMO it is a sleeker, prettier, more manageable bike for short arses like me and yet still retains the GS look and feel....BUT can become an animal if the mood takes you. This bike will definitely appeal to the younger rider that has always had one eye on the GS but felt he needed to wait until he had aged another 30 years before owning one.

With reference to some of the comments this guy has made:
Initially I too found it a bit snatchy - but over my test rides, I adapted to the bike and by end the of my 2 x 2hr rides, it wasnt snatchy at all.
If he thinks the GS is snatchy - he should try a Multistrada !

Clunky gearbox - I didn't find it particularly clunky - my CB1000R LUNGES forward when put into first!

Power delivery - I wonder whether he had the bike in Dynamic mode? That definitely affects the power delivery making it more urgent and aggressive. Again, after a few hours you get a feel for the bike and how it will respond.

Tacky plastics - take a look at a lot of other bikes out there - the GS is still a nice place to be.

All in all, I loved this bike. I enjoyed pottering around in a high up position with the relaxed power delivery and pliant suspension. However, when the demon reared its head...with a couple of button pushes I firmed up the suspension, remapped the engine to Dynamic sports mode and went off in search of sports bikes in the twisties.

I cant wait to collect mine

'Raw', 'ugly', 'snatchy', 'clonky'.....who said the new GS doesn't have character!

2000 miles on mine now, and I just love it. And it's down to the combination of the superlative handling that the GS has long been known for, a great riding position, and this amazing new engine.

So he doesn't like the plastics or exposed frame? That's fair, it's his aesthetic preference. But I do. And when riding the WC I'm getting more smiles per mile than I've acheived on any other bike in the last 30 years of riding.

By the way, what's that huge ugly bit of black plastic on the tank of his GSA?

Hi Guys,

I'm a new 1200GS owner (picking mine up soon) and having watched this vid, I am afraid he comes across as the reason I stayed away from GSs all these years.

He is the stereotypical GS owner - a fat middle aged man who harks back to how good things were in his day and how nothing will be as good as his steam powered GS.

Having owned and ridden a lot of Jap\Italian bikes, and having ridden a few GSs over the years, I could never understand the appeal....slow and boring with a stupid indicator system which went against what everyone else was doing.

Now that I am a fat middle aged man that has been doing more and more touring miles, I have started to find my naked sports bike becoming a bit too uncomfortable. This has led me to look at the new breed of adventure bikes. I wanted a bike that was comfortable, I could tour on....and yet was still capable of scaring sports bikes in the twisties.

IMO it is a sleeker, prettier, more manageable bike for short arses like me and yet still retains the GS look and feel....BUT can become an animal if the mood takes you. This bike will definitely appeal to the younger rider that has always had one eye on the GS but felt he needed to wait until he had aged another 30 years before owning one.

Initially I too found it a bit snatchy - but over my test rides, I adapted to the bike and by end the of my 2 x 2hr rides, it wasnt snatchy at all.

Clunky gearbox - I didn't find it particularly clunky - my CB1000R LUNGES forward when put into first!

Power delivery - I wonder whether he had the bike in Dynamic mode? That definitely affects the power delivery making it more urgent and aggressive. Again, after a few hours you get a feel for the bike and how it will respond.

Tacky plastics - take a look at a lot of other bikes out there - the GS is still a nice place to be.

All in all, I loved this bike. I enjoyed pottering around in a high up position with the relaxed power delivery and pliant suspension. However, when the demon reared its head...with a couple of button pushes I firmed up the suspension, remapped the engine to Dynamic sports mode and went off in search of sports bikes in the twisties.

Before I bought my first 1200 in 2005, I was a bit worried about the image of some of the old BMW crowd in general not just the GS - but the 1200 was such a good bike that I just had to have one. I don't really care much about the GS image thing these days because with the new bikes it is slowly changing for the better.

I just make sure that I never wear a 'twat' :D

Hi Guys,

A faux pas or hankering after the past :augie:augie:augie:D

I'm a bit pissed of tbh, mines a 2001 because I never liked the twin spark and new fangled servo brakes :blast:D

I agree that everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Having said that, in the video he starts getting all defensive right from the beginning as well as saying the video was a "true reputation" of the new GS.

Well, what exactly does he mean by true reputation? Is this a review? Well no, it isn't . It is just an opinion and quite a subjective one. He focused on banal things such as the wielding of the frame, the looks, the clunky first gear, him struggling with the bike in traffic.

I was expecting an objective review as opposed to an opinion from a guy I don't even know. He can't take criticism well judging my his comments lol.

PLUS when I commented that he didn't even mention the computer modes, he was quick to respond saying and I quote "get off my back"... Someone please provide the gentleman with some Prozac.

Managed 30 seconds, but can't stand the sound of his voice' he sounds like Henry's cat. :D:headbat

Funny you should mention that. i was trying to remember who he sounded like, but failing miserably until you said Henry's cat...

needless to say I didnt watch it all the way to the end..

Did he get pulled by the "BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD" coppers for failing to make progress and not overtake the traffic....:hide:hide:hide:hide

As previously stated the first video was Cannon BMW, Braintree. The bastard video was London Road, Stanway, Colchester Essex!! Fuck thats where I live???

No, its not me but I will be keeping an eye out for him.....:thumby:

As previously stated the first video was Cannon BMW, Braintree. The bastard video was London Road, Stanway, Colchester Essex!! Fuck thats where I live???

No, its not me but I will be keeping an eye out for him.....:thumby:

I bought my new GS from Cannon :beer:

Back
Top Bottom