sportster solo seat wanted, damaged OK

dod

Reaction score
I am looking for a damaged (or cheap) solo standard seats to fit rubber frame carb 883 http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338802 as I am looking for one to modify, increase in height so not worried about the cover the base needs to be usable.
Was going to fit a pan saddle but as I wanted it higher than the standard seat it makes the back look too open so thinking about making a slightly later style seat (61ish) that was a deep fixed seat. Need to add a few inches/cm to the standard seat to get the look and a riding position that does not hurt my back/knees etc.Something like the picture.
I am in Gloucestershire so can pick up locally but if more remote it will need to be posted

Attachments

• XLCH 61.jpg
    XLCH 61.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 60
Now sorted
But of course now have another problem, going for a ride with my newly modified seat the bike began spluttering at off idle after it was nice and warm.
Made for an interesting ride back home, trying to accelerate off idle, once above about 2000 ran nice and smoothly. Checked codes and as expected-crank sensor problems.
At least the local stealer has one in stock.

Back
Top Bottom