Sold it,had enough

Regards The Hardley Able-son purchase,,

I hope you enjoy it.. as much as I do my clunky snatchy quirky, problematic, recalled GSLC......

Because its the best all round Bike Ive ever owned.....

and I have ridden plenty, and ridden for years, and ridden for 000's of miles across all sorts of stuff...
:thumb2

good luck with it

Yep 2000mls and swopped it for a Harley Dyner Aniversary. Yer I know all the shyte about Harleys but hey fork it. the LC Will poss be sorted in about 12 months. Stop the rattles the jerky fuel injection. and the return to the clunky selection of 1st gear. they sorted it on last years Ralley edition. So good luck and bye bye, im off to buy some chrome polish:beerjug:

Hi I went the other way I had Jap sports bikes, then a Harley Fat Bob for the past 2yrs I enjoyed my time with it 24000 miles, but it always lacked in something, I now have a bike that ticks all the boxes for me the GS1200 LC ive done 3500miles and it gets better each day.

Good luck with your Harley but I think you may wish you still had the GS when the Novelty wears off

Terry :blast

Well in this particular case I call that bollox.... is that unbiased enough? :D

Very much so, although you're in a slightly unique position to make a comment like that.........
Please, Humour me, in your opinion what defines a good moderator?
I must point out that in 99% of instances I feel that the moderators are excellent appointments.......

I went from .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373825093.301550.jpg

To this .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373825123.627558.jpg

And now to this .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373825160.704496.jpg

After just getting used to the rt and changing my riding style i kind of liked it but i had take it back however as soon as i jumped back on the gs it just reassured me just how good this bike is, its effortless turns on a sixpence, goes like a chocolate hostage off a shovel .

Enjoy your Harley is it compulsory to join an outlaw gang and smoke weed !

I went from .
View attachment 234814

To this .
View attachment 234815

And now to this .
View attachment 234816

After just getting used to the rt and changing my riding style i kind of liked it but i had take it back however as soon as i jumped back on the gs it just reassured me just how good this bike is, its effortless turns on a sixpence, goes like a chocolate hostage off a shovel .

Enjoy your Harley is it compulsory to join an outlaw gang and smoke weed !

Nice one. Yours'll soon be sorted.:rob:beerjug:

Memories.....:rob

Attachments

• IMG_4543.jpg
    IMG_4543.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_4544.jpg
    IMG_4544.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 491
After all the LC owners moaning about being picked on, bullied and having the piss taken out of them. :D
I notice it doesn't stop them from taking the piss out of harleys and the chrome stereotype.

So that means it's a open season on narrowminded LC riding wankers. :thumb2

I'm currently in the middle of a tour from Las Vegas to Denver, in a small town called Moab about to get up to ride for the day. My steed outside is an HD Road King.
emydaga7.jpg
sumamy8u.jpg

And while I personally enjoy the HD as it makes a change from the WC it isn't in the same league.

The gear box is clunkier the GS, it feels like two iron ingots are being slammed together. It doesn't go round corners at speed without a worrying oscillation. And if you lean too far you run the risk of catching the footboards with unpredictable effects.

It's heavy, heavy, heavy to the point where getting up to 100mph is measured in minutes not seconds. The mpg is crap and the fuel tank is small, so it needs regular refuelling.

Forget not seeing the top of the rev counter this particular hD doesn't have one. It's tyres are shit, and as it doesn't have ABS you are forever at risk if over zealous with the front brake that the bike will go down.

Despite this I do love riding them in the states, but would I give up my GS for one in blighty? Not a chance.

And while I personally enjoy the HD as it makes a change from the WC it isn't in the same league.

Of course it's not in the same league. Because it's not in a competition. :blast

It's like comparing a spacehopper to a pogo stick.

They both do the same job of bouncing you along the road.
But one is a springy stick you stand on, the other is a big orange air filled sphere that you sit on.

Of course it's not in the same league. Because it's not in a competition. :blast

It's like comparing a spacehopper to a pogo stick.

They both do the same job of bouncing you along the road.
But one is a springy stick you stand on, the other is a big orange air filled sphere that you sit on.

So which bouncer is the Harley and which the BM and why ?

Chrome spring springer perhaps ? :D

Back
Top Bottom