New Adventure images released accidentally

Oh no..! I was just going back to an 1150 GSA and now this... :hide

:banghead:

Gonna be £16k big ones for the default UK spec though and then alloy luggage, on top of that:eek

(2013 R12GS WC TE = £13815 OTR and plus £2k for the 2014 R12GSA WC TE = £15815 and then those alloy boxes:eek:)

Gonna be £16k big ones for the default UK spec though and then alloy luggage, on top of that:eek

(2013 R12GS WC TE = £13815 OTR and plus £2k for the 2014 R12GSA WC TE = £15815 and then those alloy boxes:eek:)

It will be cheaper than that if you dont need all the gizmos. Scarey prices all the same should keep old model used prices firm.

It will be cheaper than that if you dont need all the gizmos. Scarey prices all the same should keep old model used prices firm.

Ah...................it will

BUT..... the TE will be the 'default' UK norm and everything will be judged around it, just the like this year's 12GS WC

Production for UK will be geared to that and any other option will be a special build, for which you might wait 6 weeks, when you can have a TE from warehouse stock

Trade in prices will be geared on the TE edition too, so anything else will take a knock

However 'base' models will be cheaper to buy new

Same as it ever was:D

I like it, but it does remind me of something that's been put in the oven and has JUST reached the point where it's starting to melt :nenau

Can anyone with a WC, that's done some long days, care to comment?

I've done some 500 mile days on mine, with the standard seat, and it's been OK with several stops to stretch the legs. I'm not your average tosser size though, at 67 kilos, so not sure if this would make the seat more or less comfortable.:comfort

Hmmm, I'm not getting this at all.

Bigger, taller, heavier.

Longer travel suspension, presumably for offroad:rolleyes:

Bigger, taller, heavier = shite offroad

So why's it called the Adventure model?
I'm sure most riders could take the standard bike places (ie. adventurous) where this one would be just too daunting:confused:

Bigger, taller, heavier.

I'm sure most riders could take the standard bike places (ie. adventurous) where this one would be just too daunting:confused:

"Feel the adventure"..

1845107.jpg

The price differential between the standard GS and GSA was never £2k and was closer to £1k so where are you getting the extra £1k from?

A current GSA with the premium and dynamic packs is £14320. I can't see the new one being £1500 more than the current GSA, especially as the WC wasn't that much more than the outgoing GS.

The price differential between the standard GS and GSA was never £2k and was closer to £1k so where are you getting the extra £1k from?

A current GSA with the premium and dynamic packs is £14320. I can't see the new one being £1500 more than the current GSA, especially as the WC wasn't that much more than the outgoing GS.

the same spec WC was cheaper than the old model according to CW's when i test rode one - £200 cheaper IIRC.

Bigger, taller, heavier.

i think the Adventure models make better tourers. they have more wind protection, they ride better IMO + they have longer travel suspension so i can carry even more crap. oh, and most importantly, they look better :)

i don't want to go off road. if i did, i'd buy an off road bike.

the same spec WC was cheaper than the old model according to CW's when i test rode one - £200 cheaper IIRC.

Yes, when you factor in the cost of the ABS on the 2012 models, which is standard on 2013 models, then that is correct.

i think the Adventure models make better tourers. they have more wind protection, they ride better IMO + they have longer travel suspension so i can carry even more crap. oh, and most importantly, they look better :)

i don't want to go off road. if i did, i'd buy an off road bike.

+1, well said

Some people need to change the record, I bought my Adv for the reasons above, I do not ride off road but its a great 2 up road bike so I bought one.

Hate these twats who constantly imply you shouldn't get an Adv unless you're some off-road god who should only ride in Africa or Asia

Hate these twats who constantly imply you shouldn't get an Adv unless...........

You need to name and shame:comfort

EDIT: just seen your name a BIG Nick..:eek: in which case you're correct:D

+1, well said

Some people need to change the record, I bought my Adv for the reasons above, I do not ride off road but its a great 2 up road bike so I bought one.

Hate these twats who constantly imply you shouldn't get an Adv unless you're some off-road god who should only ride in Africa or Asia

Get over yourself.

Nice Tour X in your avatar there, Road boy :D

horses for courses.

It's gross.

But its a free country and other people are entitled to be wrong if they wish. :thumb

It's all in the option packs Bob.................they add up

Sure the base price of 12GS v 12GS WC wasn't hugely different

But at £13815 OTR for a 12GS WC TE (default UK norm spec), it sure was:D

horses for courses.

It's gross.

But its a free country and other people are entitled to be wrong if they wish. :thumb

Exactly, from the thread title anyone would think this was about premature ejaculations:D

Back
Top Bottom