Second Attempt to Bulgaria

grez

Reaction score
Am planning to go to various countries, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic and was hoping for a little advice as to documents required. Green card sorted but I understand (as best I can) even though it says it covers all the countries I might still need to buy insurance in some, although cannot find which contries for certain. Also the requirement for vignettes, which totally confuses me.

I hadn't planned this far ahead last time before a broken wrist put paid to the trip so hopefully with a bit of help and advice from you guys (and not playing football) I might make it this time.

You'll soon know if you need extra insurance or a vignette when you're at the borders where it can all be sorted.

I wouldn't fret too much:thumb

If you have a green card you should be OK, I didn't find I needed any additional insurance.

One point, you may already be aware, but do your research about Kosovo, where to enter and exit and any knock on impact having a stamp may have on your trip.

Anyway, wonderful countries, off back to that part of the world again myself next month :thumb

Thanks guys, looks like my usual planning regime will work then, after checking entry and exit to Kosovo.....pack passport, wallet, bike docs, medical cover, tent, clothes, sat nav (all the night before leaving)................and head roughly east south east and see what happens.

If you need any advice - particularily for Romania , Serbia - give me a shout . back in Uk next week so could have a chat on my UK number then. With Ro - get of the main routes and wonderful places to be found - currently drinking 1€ beer on top of a mountain while hot desking in the pub!! Have a biker camp for camping and drinking in Novi Sad, and a mate has good place in Brasov as well - with all facilities.

Roberto - are you coming through my way? away uk 15th - 28th Aug and Russia 9- 14th Sept

Am planning to go to various countries, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic and was hoping for a little advice as to documents required. Green card sorted but I understand (as best I can) even though it says it covers all the countries I might still need to buy insurance in some, although cannot find which contries for certain. Also the requirement for vignettes, which totally confuses me.

I hadn't planned this far ahead last time before a broken wrist put paid to the trip so hopefully with a bit of help and advice from you guys (and not playing football) I might make it this time.

Probably best to check with whoever you sorted your green card with but as stated above, you can usually get insurance at the border so it shouldn't be an issue.

Hope you have a good trip!

Barry

Roberto - are you coming through my way? away uk 15th - 28th Aug and Russia 9- 14th Sept

Not 100% sure.. but around your sort of way 14-18 Sept (I think) :confused:

(Sorry for the threadjack)..

Vignette needed for Slovenia - about 7 euros for a week, minimum amount.. You'll get it at the entrance to a motorway.

Bulgaria - you'll see a reminder sign saying 'vignette'. Dont bother, it's not for bikes.

Serbia - just pay a motorway toll, in euros if you want.

In Bulgaria, you've got to visit http://www.motsapiens.org

Hungary - a vignette is needed for autobahns. Avoid them anyway.

Austria too.

Serbia - just pay a motorway toll, in euros if you want.

Hungary - a vignette is needed for autobahns. Avoid them anyway.

Serbia - stay of the highway and stop in local places! much better experience.
Hungary - get it before you cross border in Austria - get caught and it is expensive. Make sure you asy for bike.

Back
Top Bottom