Mixing Adv/Givi luggage..1200ADV

Davey B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just swapped my Rallye for a GSA and have the BMW ally panniers. I haven't seen an ADV with a mix of these and a Givi 52litre top box (or something very similar) Has anyone got this set up or can post a pic before I stump up for the top box.
I find the Givi boxes so useful and they can fit two lids in which is handy.

I did a search but came up with a blank
Ta very muchly :beerjug:

I've just swapped my Rallye for a GSA and have the BMW ally panniers. I haven't seen an ADV with a mix of these and a Givi 52litre top box (or something very similar) Has anyone got this set up or can post a pic before I stump up for the top box.

no but heres what good looks like:DGSA 007.jpg

GSA 005.jpg

I have a kappa 42 litre box ,(cheaper than Givi) on a adapter plate. Picture of ally panniers and box on,look at any of my French or Dolomites trip reports for pics. Hope this helps squire.:thumby:

GSA boxes and Givi E45 topbox.

4k2u.jpg

I initially missed the two helmets in top box on my pan when I went all ally on my GSA but on a recent tour just used a bicycle cable lock through the helmets and luggage rack when parked which was very convenient and meant i could also carry stuff all the time in the top box. just a thought.

1200gsa with standard panniers and initially a givi trk46 which was a great box and suited the look of the bike but I really missed the ability to carry 2 full face lids so I sold the trk46 and bought a trk52 , it may not look as good but the extra capacity is a boon

this months RIDE has a review of the Givi 52N, they seem to like it rating quality of build and only slating the key as being too big (!), maybe worth a look at your local agent of news

I also have the 52l Givi Trekker on a TC GSA, same as Neil.
I do not find it pretty but really practical - brilliant, and I also recommend it. I have the BMW panniers but I do not use them. The 52l box plus a roll bag does me for 10 days touring. :thumb

Spot on, just what I wanted to see. Looks ok and very practical. Cheers :beerjug:

I also went this route, its certainly a very useful topbox. I also got the metal givi plate (SR5102 IIRC). Ordered them from italy, arrived reasonably quickly and saved me about £70 between them.

Back
Top Bottom