HP2 Megamoto front mudguard advice

nimrod ping

Reaction score
Please help :nenau
I have fitted 1200 gsa wheels to my megamoto.
I am having trouble finding a front mudguard to fit.
I have spoken to BMW and touradollar and they can offer no advice.
Open to any ideas that don't involve changing the healthy unit. Don't know if a gas front mudguard would fit.
Open to any ideas.......
Ping:bounce1

HP2 Megamoto Mudguard

Ive had an HP2 E but didnt get on with it on long journeys; also wanted a change. Liked the mega and have now had this bike twice (long story)

I wanted something that was a halfway house between a GSa and a HP2E. So ive put the wheels on, GSA bars and TT handguards & led indicators. Drilled the tank, and now get 140m on a tank... :clap

I think its looks ok. I tried to upload a photo but it wont go

Love it even more than before. it handles brilliantly and in my humble opinion is the biz. Still got all the original bits so I can turn it back if i want.
Ping :roll

Please help :nenau
I have fitted 1200 gsa wheels to my megamoto.
I am having trouble finding a front mudguard to fit.
I have spoken to BMW and touradollar and they can offer no advice.
Open to any ideas that don't involve changing the healthy unit. Don't know if a gas front mudguard would fit.
Open to any ideas.......
Ping:bounce1

its got aboute a 2 inch biger wheel so you will have to knock a bracket up to lift you standard mud gaurd or you fit a enduro mudaurd to the under side of your yockes but then you face speed wobels may be as a allternative you see what KTM du they have simler forks on them but why the biger front wheel the gymetricks of the bicke is for roade use ok good luck :thumby:

Ive had an HP2 E but didnt get on with it on long journeys; also wanted a change. Liked the mega and have now had this bike twice (long story)

I wanted something that was a halfway house between a GSa and a HP2E. So ive put the wheels on, GSA bars and TT handguards & led indicators. Drilled the tank, and now get 140m on a tank... :clap

I think its looks ok. I tried to upload a photo but it wont go

Love it even more than before. it handles brilliantly and in my humble opinion is the biz. Still got all the original bits so I can turn it back if i want.
Ping :roll

Fair enough. Guessed that it might be something like that.

I'm curious to see that.

If you e-mail me some pics I'll put them here > migsel at gmail dot com

HP2 Megamoto tank

I get about 1.5 to 2 litres extra in the tank. With 2 it's well full. It seems to be doing more now, as it was about 130 to the tank at first. Now 140, and that's not until empty :) Maybe to computer thingy has recalculated !!
Ping :beerjug:

Here it is:

2013-09-20%2014.59.54-L.png

20130920_145239-L.jpg

Looks pretty good to me :thumby:

Megamoto Adventure

Many thanks for uploading the images. Glad you like it. :clap
Ideally a White Enduro type mudguard about 2 inches above the front wheel would be Gold standard for me....But HOW:nenau
regards ping :roll

I was thinking about getting a standard GS rear wheel for my MM/Enduro/Hybrid so that I could keep more offroad tyres on the 18/21 wheels.

I'd have to think of a solution for the front as it has Kawa forks and a Talon wheel - I was thinking I'd need to get another talon hub/disc, but what rim diameter.

Here it is:

2013-09-20%2014.59.54-L.png

20130920_145239-L.jpg

Looks pretty good to me :thumby:

That looks good, but the blue wheels are one of the things that really set the bike off.:rob If you could get the rims blue, those would look:drool:thumb

Mega-adventure

Blue wheels would look v good, but first thing i need to do is sort out the front mudguard.... At mo when i ride it in the rain it just chucks water all over me :(

I would like to also put on a Wundlicking bashplate, HID headlight, cylinder guards etc, but it all costs....:blagblah
ping :clap

Blue wheels would look v good, but first thing i need to do is sort out the front mudguard.... At mo when i ride it in the rain it just chucks water all over me :(

I would like to also put on a Wundlicking bashplate, HID headlight, cylinder guards etc, but it all costs....:blagblah

I wouldent put blue wheels on thier I had them once om my Huski it wasent long before I couldent stand the sight of them :rob

I think your bike looks really good :clap

On the mudguard... a GSA one doesn't fit?

On the bashplate - the wunderlich one is pretty pants. Look at the touratech version, much stronger. If just for looks, there is a pretty good looking carbon one on eBay for reasonable price. Will see if I can find the link :thumb2

Mega-adventure

Glad you like it :roll
I just wanted a bike thats fun and will wiz down dirt tracks and cope with the appalling roads in the UK, and also take my climbing gear with me to the Crag.
Re bashplate, I'll have a look on BayE - But will check out the Touradollar one as well ...

Re the GSA mudguard i will take my bike to a dealers at some point and see if one fits.... Ideally as mentioned before i'd like a white one about halfway up the forks, but i think it may be to hard to do :blast
ping...:yelrotflm

Back
Top Bottom