What cleaning product to use for side panels? to actually leave them clean?

Marquez

Reaction score
I'm not an expert cleaning and don't know what products I need for the different components of my LC as standard motorbike soap will not clean the side panels, will not clean the wheels, will not clean exaust properly,will clean nothing basically other than the superficial dirt..... it's frustrating

okay, i admit it, it was a car wash bottle I had in the shed for many years and it was half empty so I decided to finished it off.... i did a pretty shit job

Sdoc100 power gel and a decent car shampoo (autoglym, zymol etc) will do the whole bike. You don't need different products for the panels or wheels.:rob

SDOC100 every time. It's ain't cheap but it's very powerful. I tried a lot of others before and was not impressed.

As a tip though, don't use the spray bottle as you'll waste loads. Pour a bit into a container and use a paint brush to apply/agitate it.

ok thanks guys. I've just purchased it on ebay.

I had mine coated with Gtechniq EXO. Brilliant stuff. Stops a lot of brake dust, tar and dirt sticking to the bike in the first plac and makes washing a doddle. Lasts a couple of years so long as you don't use a TFR

Procycle cleaner

I used to use SDOC100, good results but very expensive (approx £14/litre or £60/5 litres) I found myself using nearly a litre every clean! So switched to Hein Gericke's gel cleaner which they used to sell at £20/5 litres. Last time I tried to buy some, I couldn't find any & my local branch of HG was shut down.
Searching the net I discovered "procycle" Same price, £20/5ltr & just as good, as recommended by the German Motorrad mag & MCN.

These LC thingumybobs must be made of strange stuff...always had great success cleaning bikes with any vehicle shampoo I've laid my hands on....:confused:

These LC thingumybobs must be made of strange stuff...always had great success cleaning bikes with any vehicle shampoo I've laid my hands on....:confused:

Strangely - any old car shampoo works on mine ;)

Castrol Greentec is what my local Stealer uses. Very like SDoc100 in performance terms and equally as expensive!:eek:

I'm not an expert cleaning and don't know what products I need for the different components of my LC as standard motorbike soap will not clean the side panels, will not clean the wheels, will not clean exaust properly,will clean nothing basically other than the superficial dirt..... it's frustrating

Hi
I use a PH neutral snow foam cleaner you can buy a gallon for about £16 I use it in a pressure washer lance and diluted in spray bottle or in a bucket of water search on ebay there are loads of different brands I use UK valet supplies Cherry snow foam. Then dry off with a blower then I use car dash board shine from Halfords or wherever to detail the plastics or any silicone spray for plastics.
I also use a spray like GT85 or Scottoiler 365 on bits that need more protection from the elements

Hey presto a nice clean bike good as new.

Terry

Pre-wash stuff supplied by a bloke from up North ( a BM dealer use it ;) ) about £10 a gallon, washed down with virgin tears ( desalinated ) , than dried with microfiber towel . Waxed with organic teenage bee polish and than blow dried . Re polished with super microfiber towel.All the plastic treated with black treatment polish. Remove any rust etc and treat it . Finally a kiss on beak :rolleyes::blast

don't have a LC, but applying via anything other than spraying, will cause scratches as you rub dry dirt / sane in with the s doc...Usually you spray the bike off first with a hose, then use a sponge and soap/shampoo afterwards for this reason. But S Doc is expensive!

SDOC100 every time. It's ain't cheap but it's very powerful. I tried a lot of others before and was not impressed.

As a tip though, don't use the spray bottle as you'll waste loads. Pour a bit into a container and use a paint brush to apply/agitate it.

GT85 is excellent on plastics, also really good at lifting tar from the exhaust and engine casings.

Dunno whether this has been sed already, but ive just started using autoglym aqua wax, not cheap, but what a revelation in cleaning, it sprays onto all types of metals, plastics painted or not, wet or dry and then just buff off! Its the doggys danglies on me new lc, no more faffin about with silicons, or powdery polishes etc, id dare anyone to say they aint impressed with it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Dunno whether this has been sed already, but ive just started using autoglym aqua wax, not cheap, but what a revelation in cleaning, it sprays onto all types of metals, plastics painted or not, wet or dry and then just buff off! Its the doggys danglies on me new lc, no more faffin about with silicons, or powdery polishes etc, id dare anyone to say they aint impressed with it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I forgot about this stuff. It smells ace as well! My problem was I'd go mental with it and use half a bottle in a single application - it's supposed to last longer than that when cleaning cars! Like you say though, unlike other waxes it won't leave nasty white marks on black plastic and actually brings them up a treat.

I suppose it would curl the toes of any resident detailers if I admitted to using an industrial diesel pressure washer, some non-caustic traffic film remover and a few squirts of GT85 once a week to clean my bike? :p :tumbleweed

don't have a LC, but applying via anything other than spraying, will cause scratches as you rub dry dirt / sane in with the s doc...Usually you spray the bike off first with a hose, then use a sponge and soap/shampoo afterwards for this reason. But S Doc is expensive!

Yes, bike is snow foamed before sdoc goes on so no worries about scratches.

In fact, a soft paint brush is less likely to cause scratches than a sponge would. No vehicle detailer would ever use a sponge as they trap dirt and cause paint swirling.

Back
Top Bottom