BMW 90th Adventure NEW just uncrated -FUEL! fault

I've had a bikes with a float fuel gauge that stuck when the tank was refilled. it would pop up after a while and worked fine. Maybe the float arm needs running in. Treat it rough like we are told to do with new BMW engines.

Just in case it is poo, get a couple of these. http://www.fuelfriend.de/images/fuelfriend_plus/neu/1Liter/beide_800breit.jpg

beide_800breit.jpg

Ive got a GSA even with such a huge fuel tank its not hard to get caught out. Especially as the fuel range gets erratic below about 60 miles indicated. Just when you need accuracy it all looks ok then suddenly drops like a stone.

Oh come on, it's a GSA for God's sake. Brim fill it and zero the trip. Fill it again at 250 miles to be sure, to be sure.

Let the dealer sort it at the running in service if it hasn't fixed itself by then.

Enjoy the bike. Don't be put off by a minor delivery problem, they are only bits of machinery.

What a truly great bike the GSA is, I'm on my 5th Adventure and I don't doubt the GSA LC will be even better but I don't need it and it would be loads more dosh than the 12.8 I paid fully loaded with the extras pack thrown in.

The King is dead, long live the King !

Good to see the 1200 section is running as it should.:aidan

Any body else get spooked when you fill up from empty on the centrestand and the bike slowly rocks forward from rear wheel to front wheel part way through the fill. The first time it happened I was convinced the bike was falling over, nearly had a heart attack and made a grab for it before realising what was going on and hoped no one was watching !

It'll be going in for its 600 mile within 3 fill ups. Can't they havea. Butchers then?
Brim it, ride 200+ miles! brim it again making note of litres put in.??ride 200+...repeat.
If it strands you, will it be in Mauritania or Surrey/Devon/Cumbria. :rob

thank you Mad accountant.

you all have been of great help!!
much appreciated

Hoik a minger and slam it back down again, unjams the float arm.

Back
Top Bottom