Adventure Pipe II

"Having done a little research I have found that the charges to be levied on the Adventure pipe (or any silencer from outside the EU) will be 4.5% on the price (including postage and packaging) then VAT on top of that.
So, $399 +$45 = $444
$444+4.5% = $463.88
$463.88+17.5% = $545.18
There may be further charges on this, I'm not absolutely sure.
Don't blame me if it's wrong though."

Nearly but not quite. This is a CIF import (Cost, Insurance and Freight). The UK import office of the Freight or Courier Agent (Fedex/UPS/DHL etc) will dig out the accompanying invoice on the box and make the Customs Entry based on the value DECLARED on the invoice (so if you know the supplier very well ...... ahem!) If the value does not show postage and packing of freightage, a notional figure is added according to weight. The charges are then worked out as:

1. Import Duty
plus
2. Import VAT
plus
3. Even though you will have paid a Door to Door price INCLUDING Customs Clearance, to the supplier, the freight agent/courier will charge a second customs clearance charge masquerading as an "Administration Charge" - Why? because they get away with it. Import VAT and Duty are not compounded, they are calculated separately and added to the bill.

Right that's enough of being sensible!!
:drums :drums :drums
:stupid

Glenn

Adventure Pipe II arrived. A couple of hours replacing the original and hey presto - great new throaty growl. The sound now matches the looks of the Dakar..err...if that makes sense.
Anyway, sounds great, looks great, well chuft with it and would recommend to anyone.

I used 4 discs - you can easily add more to increase power and noise - you get 6 in the box, but can go up to 20 if you really want to upset the neighbours.

I think I have noticed a slight power increase/better throttle response, although can't be certain this isn't just my imagination at the moment...

I received my adventurepipe a couple of weeks ago and will mount it first thing tomorrow, when I pick up the bike up from it's winter storage. The snow have melted on the streets but not non on the gravel roads yet here in Sweden. Apart from the adventurepipe price I had to pay 25% swedish tax and 5% customs. The reason I choosed the adventurepipe was that I wanted a single side exhaust and that the sound level is adjustable. The finish/fit of the supertrapp silencer isn't the best in my opinion. I guess you get what you pay for.
Anyway I'm convinced it's the best choice for me. Can't wait to try it this weekend :)

Discolouration

Just a thought.
Remus, Staintune and Adventure Pipe are all offering the twin pipe look, with a dummy can on the right hand side.
There is a chance that, in time, the 'real' pipe on the left will discolour differently due to that fact that its hot.
Anyone had any experiences of this??

I wondered about this myself. Perhaps you could heat it up with a blowtorch to give it a similar colouring? After all, it's the heat that causes the discolouration.

Back
Top Bottom