BMW factory in Spandau, Berlin

Guided tours in two categories I believe. The standard tour costs a few euros and you book online. The luxus tour costs a lot more . Book early for the standard tour. I'm off to Berlin in March and could not get on a tour while there. That was a couple of weeks ago! Google bmw factory tours Berlin. Will post a link later if I find it.

I'm off to France/ Italy/ Switzerland and Germany in May, and we're planning a trip to the BMW factory while we're over there.:thumb I'd better get on and book it quickly.

It must be too early in the morning but when I click the link you gave it opens a page which, at the bottom, says:
"Please visit the official website of the plant to find further information
www.bmw-werk-berlin.de"

i do this, and it does indeed open a Berlin factory specific webpage. And on that webpage there is a drop down menu item "Plant tours". Click that, and it takes you page to the first webpage (from your link). Where do you actually find out about and book tours?

So is there a museum and/or shop, and where in the city is the factory?

(Later)
Bayerische Motoren Werke AG Werk Berlin
Am Juliusturm 14-38
13599 Berlin
Germany

This seems to be the place. It seems car production is in Munchen (Munich)

Well the page opened by the link says:

"The BMW Berlin Plant has a long tradition as production site and an exciting history.

Plant tours take place Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm.

Due to seasonal production output and for reasons of prototype production, we may only be able to offer a restricted form of plant tours during the second half of the year. Please apologize any inconvenience.

We offer the following options for guided tours:

Guided Tour (mixed Group)
Exclusive Guided Tour
Special Tour E-Mobilty "

So yes, seems to be the answer

So is there a museum and/or shop, and where in the city is the factory?

(Later)
Bayerische Motoren Werke AG Werk Berlin
Am Juliusturm 14-38
13599 Berlin
Germany

This seems to be the place. It seems car production is in Munchen (Munich)

There is (was, anyway, this is nearly ten years ago) no museum OR even a Mottorrad shop near the Spandau factory......the nearest Mottorrad dealership is quite a few miles away across the city, which surprised us.

The museum is down in Munchen, and IS worth a visit IMO. (See my ride report if you want lots of piccies of what's there)

Ah damn, oh well it was worth a thought. I'm frankly not too bothered about seeing brand new bikes being assembled on an assembly line and really wanted to have a look at some pre-War and early post war bikes and I guess these would be in Munich? Perhaps there are other motorcycle museums in Germany?

(Later) This looks interesting only it appears to only be open one Sunday a month. http://bmwmotorcyclemuseum.com/

Ah damn, oh well it was worth a thought. I'm frankly not too bothered about seeing brand new bikes being assembled on an assembly line and really wanted to have a look at some pre-War and early post war bikes and I guess these would be in Munich? Perhaps there are other motorcycle museums in Germany?

Paul.....have a flick through THIS :beerjug:

(start at post 17 for the museum bits in Munich )

Take the PD and they might let you in free :)

Sent from my phone widget because I was browsing new msgs

Take the PD and they might let you in free :)

Being on the classic 1150 GSA, we tried that, but the very polite and very efficient fraulein at the reception desk still refused us a discounted entry even though we'd ridden from Essex to Bavaria just to complain about the quality of the 1200 GS

I think she was probably a lesbian.

Back
Top Bottom