2014 Photo Rally

Excellent.
A very senic mini-break for ya.

It was Pat. Will the Da passing & all that goes with that I hadn't been for a proper spin since I got back from the Turkey tour with Aidan and I really needed to get out.
Three days would have been better but the two days ticked all the boxes.
Gawd bless Gerry & Lorcan for the Photo Rally :beerjug:

Great set of pics Jockser, stayed in Castletown Friday night and took that same railway photo, Lough Nafooey is class, brings back memories of a previous photorally, stayed in Fintown Saturday and failed to get the ferry at Magilligan Sunday as it was not running due to gales, stayed in Cushendall until yesterday, enjoyed the corkscrew road up around Thor head amongst others, got several of those photorally shots also

Was up your neck of the woods on the Sunday of the Long Weekend.
Headed in the Nire Valley and over the Comeraghs on the way up.

P1000002.jpg
P1000006.jpg
P1000007.jpg
P1000008.jpg
P1000010.jpg

Agreed.
Top marks to Gerry and Lorcan.

Did Dublin / Kildare

P1000012.jpg

P1000015.jpg

And Louth / Meath

P1000024.jpg

Threw in Rock Of Cashel as a extra on the way back
P1000027.jpg

will do a few more on Leenane weekend.
See ya then.

Thats it folks and well done Damien, all 24 done as far as I can tell, very enjoyable this year, weather was generally very helpful, must sort out the entry next

Letrim: Poll an Eás

10513343_10203489607095532_4680618310912172564_n.jpg

Well done Charlie.
Nice shot.
I still have two to do.

Done a few photo points yesterday and also some other points I had to visit when in the area

8 - Boggan’s bar, Rathcore
9 - Martello tower – Lambeecher estate, Balbriggan
14 - Killonaghan church ruin, Craggagh / Fanore

The road below was marked on Tomtom as main road

Seen a few GS's on the roads, so if you met a northern reg Blue Tiger 800 - It was me!!

As has now become traditional Jockser and I headed off this weekend on our annual "mop up the last of the photo rally points weekend" ride. I had seven to get whilst yer man only had one missing from his list. The usual wonderful JR hospitality was enjoyed on Friday night before setting off on Saturday morning to do Wicklow, Wexford, Kilkenny, Waterford, and Cork.

After only two points we had to stop for tea. Graiguenamanagh was an ideal spot for the job.

20140927_123325.jpg

20140927_123333.jpg

Himself was happy enough

20140927_123635.jpg

As well he might be with loads of tae, warm scones and lashings of butter and jam

20140927_124109.jpg

A big part of the Photo Rally for us is trying to find new locations as we go along and we managed to find four on Saturday three of which were new to Gerry. Everyone should be keeping their eyes peeled for new stuff to send to Mr C which helps to keep the rally going. It doesn't matter if he already has the location you send him, he'd rather have some three times than maybe miss a good one.

He already had this one

20140927_134625.jpg

But not these

20140927_144726.jpg

20140927_164444.jpg

We met Daithi near Roscarbery then headed to the Motorcycle Grill in Leap in west Cork for the dinner before stopping for the night in Ballyvourney.

Jochen%20and%20Aidan%20Leap.jpg

A quick visit with Mr Crean on Sunday morning then we turned our noses north for home taking in the Laois point to finish off the 2014 rally.

20140928_100313.jpg

Quite simply, this is the best rally there is. Bar none. And I feckin love it. :)

Thank you Mr C

Thanks Charles, just snapped with the phone. Incredible wee yokes really when you think about it.

According to the forecast last night I think we might have got the last good weekend. Thankfully.

Aidan1150 said:
Himself was happy enough

Which is more than I can say for yerself :rolleyes:

Final one for PR 2014 :

In all the times I've been down there I've never been inside. The first time I was there it was open but I didn't have time, every time since that it's been closed.
Must try harder :blast

I'd also like to extend my heartfelt thanks to GerryC & his minions for another great one. Roll on February :bounce1:bounce1

thon big maun was concentrating on not getting jam on da fingers so

never been south pole before and they opened just as pic was taken - nice lemonade and on then :D

1 scone yeah right :D after the two others :D

A big part of the Photo Rally for us is trying to find new locations as we go along and we managed to find four on Saturday three of which were new to Gerry. Everyone should be keeping their eyes peeled for new stuff to send to Mr C which helps to keep the rally going. It doesn't matter if he already has the location you send him, he'd rather have some three times than maybe miss a good one.

Quite simply, this is the best rally there is. Bar none. And I feckin love it. :)

Thank you Mr C

Dead right Aidan, I always keep my eye out looking for the weird and wonderful, even in the car!

The best rally bar none.

I only have Banbridge to do, so may pop in for tae if you are free.

........ I always keep my eye out looking for the weird and wonderful, even in the car!

The best rally bar none................................

Many people on here keep me posted on potential weird & wonderful sites - thanks folks. :thumb2

Thanks also for the kind words. :beerjug:

Closing date is Nov 12th - six weeks hence. :fiddle

Back
Top Bottom