Rukka - worth the extra dosh?

J.R.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know there are quite a few comments on Rukka gear, but I wonder.....is it really worth the extra dosh? :confused:

Not worth the Extra over Klim thats for sure !

When i was looking for proshell gear i seriously considered the Rukka Armas but when i compared it to the Klim Badlands it certainly wasnt worth the several hundred of my Englkish pounds more. I did plenty of research about the silly zip things that Rukka insist on using and found that too many people were having "issues" with them. Also the venting on the Rukka gear is no where near as good as the Klim which was important to me as i wanted year round stuff !

Rukka warranty is 5 years which is decent enough but i believe the Klim warranty is life time (whatever that means)

Never had either but I just wouldnt spend huge money on kit again

I just picked up a set of alpinestars andes drystar touring kit from motocard.com

Brilliant kit, If I grow out of it or throw it down the road cheap enough to replace

Good review here and crash tested http://www.motorcycle.com/products/alpinestars-andes-drystar-jacketpants-review

I can't find fault with it and it doesn't cost mega bucks

Most will say you get what you pay for but most of the kit these days across the board is made in either Vietnam or china with a different badge thrown on, I'm a tight bastard always have and always will be so I research like fk and get the best for my money

My tuppence

H

Ps sizing is really fkd up im usually an XL went to 2 XL, in fact go at least one size up always in this kit, no idea why, must be based on skinny Italians

Worth every penny in my book .... if you do the mileage ;)

Mine just gone back for repair, but will probably be replaced (I hope) :D

Two zips packed in (not the 'Lockout main closure zip I hasten to add) collar worn and generally well faded!

It's almost four years old, it's done 65,000 miles summer and winter ...

Cheap at half the price :thumb

:beerjug:

No, definately not worth the money.
The warranty is excellent however and boy, have I had to use it. I am on the fifth Armadillo. Rukka black gear is great if you are likely to get fed up with black and are fond of purple because that's the colour it morphs into.
I have covered a similar mileage to Micky in mine but have had no zip trouble. To be completely fair I have never been offered a repair,my local Honda dealer, the Rukka agent, has always just replaced it. I think they are just happy to get the moaning old sod out of the shop.:rob

Worth it

If you pick it up new at Infinity,s outlet store at a mahoosive discount and still have the 5yr no quibble guarantee :thumb2

I thought long and hard before taking the plunge to me its a lot of money. I looked at rukka and klim, think I liked the klim slightly more but ended up ordering a rukka suit end of line Athos from fc moto for a bargin £200 less than infinity

plus 1 for buying abroad and saving dosh. I got mine #220 quid cheaper, same warranty, free return postage to them.
I thought long and hard before taking the plunge to me its a lot of money. I looked at rukka and klim, think I liked the klim slightly more but ended up ordering a rukka suit end of line Athos from fc moto for a bargin £200 less than infinity

Well for what it's worth the answer is a big YES ! I have had the Armas Jacket for nearly 3 years now with no problems whatsoever and then bought the trousers a year later ... Commuting all year round ... 3 or 4 days a week with trips abroad .. Just brilliant .. You get what you pay for and if it were all written off or nicked tomorrow I would go out and buy the same again.:thumb2

I've been very pleased with my Rukka suit. I bought it @ the NEC show 3 years ago from the Infinity stand & saved circa £300. I did have to send it back pre xmas to have both jacket (lock out closure was having a moment) & the trousers (seam split/material tear) and it was repaired superbly via warranty.

Thanks to all contributors. Looks like I should start saving up then....:D :thumb2

Of course it is (Finnish Company) :D

I just bought new Shakal jacket with 250e discount from Germany. Production for that is discounted.

Is Rukka worth the extra dosh?

Well my Rukka Armas jacket had faded, and a couple of the zips had called it a day, so took it back to the place I bought it from Zweirad Schmitz at Adenau. It was still completely waterproof and fully serviceable :thumb

It was three years old and had done probably 70,000 miles plus ;)

It has been replaced by a brand spanking new one ... excellent service and worth every penny in my book :thumb:thumb

However, while across at Herr Schmitz earlier this year I bought a Büse Jacket, Georg is a main dealer for this German designed jacket, thought it would be handy as a 'spare' when my Rukka was returned (repaired or replaced ... no matter)

DSCF0692-L.jpg

DSCF0693-L.jpg

DSCF0697-L.jpg

Worn this jacket for a couple of months, totally waterproof and really well designed and made. Top quality indeed

See how smart I look :rolleyes:

P1190420-L.jpg

It's not as heavy or as rugged as the Rukka Armas maybe, but at €166.00 euro's with an unconditional two year warranty it's a bloody bargain.

The bottom line is I can buy six of these jackets for the price of a Rukka, so that would equate to a 12 year warranty on a Rukka :blast

A no brainer really ... but I still rate the Rukka as worth every penny :thumb

:beerjug:

still loving mine. Yesit is living up to my expecttions. I hd a load of cheapo's before. They also worked, for a while..Will let you know when I cover the same miles, but so far - it does what it says, well!

I have the cheaper Athos jacket and focus trousers and have used them every day for two years. Never got wet in them and been in driving rain on motor ways in France. Saved a lot of money getting mine from bikerland.de a great service. No issues still looks fresh and good condition.

It's all about use really. It seems to me that most posters here that have invested in Rukka use it daily and I feel this makes it worth the money if you only use it for a ride out now and again and the odd weekend away maybe not. I have also invested silly money on a schuberth C3 PRO with SRC system which I love.

I still subscribe to the saying you get what you pay for (but that does not stop you looking for a good deal though!!)

Neil

Not worth the Extra over Klim thats for sure !

When i was looking for proshell gear i seriously considered the Rukka Armas but when i compared it to the Klim Badlands it certainly wasnt worth the several hundred of my Englkish pounds more. I did plenty of research about the silly zip things that Rukka insist on using and found that too many people were having "issues" with them. Also the venting on the Rukka gear is no where near as good as the Klim which was important to me as i wanted year round stuff !

Rukka warranty is 5 years which is decent enough but i believe the Klim warranty is life time (whatever that means)

I have a Klim Latitude Jacket (had ordered the tourers, but canceled them due to ... read on)

US "life time" warrenty, is the time which you should expect the product to last ... everything from 6 months to x number of years. If you participate in a rally then it could be that the life time is only that week ... they make that decision and you have f... all to say.

It could look like Klim refuses to look at any warranty issues (leaking) if there are possibilities that the the garment have been on the ground, even if the possible damage is somewhere else than where the leak is. There is a very long discussion about this on AdvRider.

You always have Gore which always will cover 5 years, and they live up to it ....

I am not impressed by the D2O protection in the Klim jackets, actually it scares the living daylights out of me after my small accident in Germany on my ways to HUM a few weeks ago; For me it looks like the D2O is very good at impact protection, but after the impact (when you start sliding) it's crap - it can fold up, which is not nice (it hurts like hell). I was wearing BMW Summer 2 trousers, and my leg are in much better condition than my arm.

Then when it comes to back protection, I am shocked how little the back protector in Klim is covering, they say it's level 2, but I have my doubts, the lower and upper part of the back is not protected. You can upgrade the back protector, but not to a larger one - only thicker :blast

Price wise a Badlands Pro is not worth the money, unless you really really want Klim - If I was spending that kind of money, I would get either Rukka (which is not really me) or Stadler.

Or look at RevIT (goretex) which is actualy not bad.

Casper

That is very interesting re the warranty
As for the back protector in my badlands it is more than big enough and covers the length of my spine within the jacket
Granted it is not quite as wide as in the BMW twat suit but seems more than adequate
Hope I never get to find out if the D20 stuff is as bad as you say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very interesting re the warranty
As for the back protector in my badlands it is more than big enough and covers the length of my spine within the jacket
Granted it is not quite as wide as in the BMW twat suit but seems more than adequate
Hope I never get to find out if the D20 stuff is as bad as you say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, it's the same size as in my Latitude, and I find it scary lacking. But Stadler uses the same size protectors as you find from fx. Forcefield, so it might be me being used to better (and more expensive).

I think that arm pockets in the Badlands are big enough to take forcefield protectors, they are not in the Latitude :-(

Interesting, it's the same size as in my Latitude, and I find it scary lacking. But Stadler uses the same size protectors as you find from fx. Forcefield, so it might be me being used to better (and more expensive).

I think that arm pockets in the Badlands are big enough to take forcefield protectors, they are not in the Latitude :-(

The standard armour in the latitude is not D20 IIRC but was told, again IIRC that it was made by Knox but you could upgrade to D20 the assumption being that D20 was better. Not sure what armour goes into Rukka !

I'm more than happy enough with my badlands

Back
Top Bottom