Rukka - worth the extra dosh?

I rode all last winter with Rukka suit (the cheaper one) I know it's not pro shell but still 100% waterproof and once it gets dirty, give the nikwak treatment and the outer becomes water resistant anyway. Would highly recommend.

Sorry, I just discovered (remembered) the name is D3O not D20.

Just took a shoulder pad out of my Jacket, and it says D30 - but it's not as thick as the stuff in the Badlands, but still it's soft not stiff, which means that it can role up when you're sliding.

Casper

It's meant to be soft when it's not doing anything as it's more comfortable, but then it hardens on impact (http://www.d3o.com/materials/how-d3o-works/)

It's meant to be soft when it's not doing anything as it's more comfortable, but then it hardens on impact (http://www.d3o.com/materials/how-d3o-works/)

Absolutely true, and I didn't break anything on my impact with mother earth. But it is also does not provide abrasion protection - for that you need to go for the D3O T6 range - which probably is a bit more expensive.

Bought my Rukka suit 10 yrs ago at 2k. Still on original jacket although has faded somewhat, but never leaked. On 3rd pair trousers. First pair leaked so replaced under warranty. Replacement pair then went from being black to purple over 2 yr period and were again changed under warranty as deemed faulty.

Would I buy Rukka again? For warranty and quality yes, but not convinced about value for money or fact that no new developments. Then comes along Klim.........nice! Very nice!

Regards

Four years ago I shelled out £1300 on a Rukka suit, all singing all dancing. I was very pleased with it, it did exactly what it said on the tin. Three years down the road the trousers developed a tiny leak. I was using it every day and did thousands of miles in all weathers. I also returned the jacket that was still very servicible and waterproof but a couple of the zip tags had broken and one panel was slightly faded. They just replaced the suit for a brand new Aramas suit. That is superb value and the Aramas is excellent and after 35 years riding is certainly the most efficient suit ever, I just get wet and in the warm its bearable. Ive never owned KLIM but I have to admit that it looks and sounds good but I certainly have no great problems with Rukka, its very good.

Brian G,

I have a black and yellow jacket, great jacket but would not get this colour combination, you cant keep the yellow clean, I've tried everything, but it just looks dirty all the time, stay with black.

Brian G,

I have a black and yellow jacket, great jacket but would not get this colour combination, you cant keep the yellow clean, I've tried everything, but it just looks dirty all the time, stay with black.
+1

I don't know what is the essential difference between the Rukka yellow and other suits with hi-viz panels that seem to clean up well but my Rukka never comes up clean again despite several attempts with a variety of cleaning strategies.

I've just had my Armas suit back from Rukka after repairs. 4 years of near daily use and the fly zip on the trousers went so they replaced that. The lockout zip on the jacket as started to come away from the stitching at the bottom and they replaced that too. A great repair job, all goretex is resealed so it looks like new.

Oh and to counter what was said above about warranty, I bought mine from Bikerland in Germany and sent it back to them who handled the warranty claim through rukka. No charge other than the shipping costs to Germany.

Back
Top Bottom