Help! A Day on a Dax for Dosh

Kamikaze

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What’s happening?

HP2Kenobe of this parish and a pal are going for a spin on Sat March 29th.! :thumby:

On what? :nenau

These! (the nutters) :bow

JimampGlyn-MalintoMizen_zps61bbfb0a.png
[/URL][/IMG]

They’re 70cc Honda Dax pit bikes.

How far?

Malin to Mizen! (Irelands most Northerly point to the most Southerly point)

How far is that?

Almost 700 kms, over 400 miles! :eek:

Why?

To save a life and better a life for two children.
These two….

Alisha_zps69efe46f.png
[/URL][/IMG]
AlishaRecent_zps68982227.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Alisha is a sweet little kid who has been diagnosed with a rare and aggressive brain tumour. She and her family are raising funds so she can receive the best possible treatment in the USA and increase her chance of survival.
They’ve recently received a great boost. An American charity is going to help but there are still huge expenses to be met.
Time is of the essence here.

Bank Details;
Bank of Ireland 90-26-88
Account # 20079801
IBAN; IE65BOFI90226820079801
BIC; BOFIIE2D

Abbey_zps884841b0.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Abbey’s wish is to walk, play and run just like all her friends. If Abbey’s wish is to come true, she will need an expensive operation very soon and extensive aftercare.
If this operation doesn’t happen soon, it will be too late.

Bank Details;
Bank of Ireland 90-35-76
Account#; 24397700

IBAN; IE56BOFI90357624397700
BIC; BOFIIE2D

What can you do?

Well, if you’re local, there’s a benefit night next Thursday the 20th. in The Corner House, Coburg St, Cork.
It’d be great to see as many of you as possible there.
If you can’t make it, please make a donation as big or small as you like to either of the numbers above. If there’s room for your name, put it in and add UKGSer.

If you think you could fill a sponsorship card, PM myself or Jim (HP2Kenobe) for a card.
Please help!!!! :clap

Very worthy cause. Hope they meet their target.... Best of luck to the bikers!

Just realised I can't donate without knowing name of bank account holders. Can you post this info? Or maybe there's a justgiving link available?

Thanks, Davey.
Your contribution will be very much appreciated.

Jim's contact is Alisha's father.
Her account details are;
Acc Name: The Alisha Savage Fund

Bank: Bank Of Ireland.

Sort Code: 90-26-88

Account No: 20079801

IBAN: IE18BOFI90268820079801

BIC: BOFIIE2D

And Abbey's?

Thanks lads for this its really appreciated:thumb.
So far I am blown away with the amount of effort and the general support people are giving us.:clap

Abbeys details are as Kami said and the account name and her address is below

Abbeys wish to walk
1A Glenfields Park
Ballyvolane
Cork

IBAN; IE56BOFI90357624397700
BIC; BOFIIE2D

Just a reminder that, while the epic journey is a week and a half away, the benefit night is tomorrow night.
Thursday Night!
The Corner House, Coburg St.
9.30 start.

Anybody around? You'll be very welcome. :thumby:

Just a reminder that, while the epic journey is a week and a half away, the benefit night is tomorrow night.

I hope it went well
Being a 'school night' I was unable to make it down :rob
But hopefully plenty of locals turned up

Excellent night.
A great turnout and a substantial sum collected.
A week to the trip.
Alisha is already in Boston so hopefully the treatment will be in time to lead to a positive outcome.

:thumb2

Jim, is there any details of the route available ?
As you know a good few of us will be in Killaloe & it'd be great if we could watch youse pass somewhere

:thumb2

Jim, is there any details of the route available ?
As you know a good few of us will be in Killaloe & it'd be great if we could watch youse pass somewhere
The route is not finalised yet and and we will make up our mind up as we travel up on friday.at the moment we are coming straight down the middle Atlone Roscrea Birr Thurles and on to the old Dublin road to Cork.Next thing is times:nenau we have a very simple plan ie. dont hang around and get to Goleen for the last pint.:beer:

Fair play to ya Jim, always the first to step up to the mark like when Rohan's bike got stolen you were the first person to offer him the use of a bike! Sorry I'm a bit late on this but sending money now! Great cause,

Jim - I've tried to make the donations but I'm told the account doesn't exist?

Well, they did it. :clap
17.5 hours, I think. :bow
Only half of it in the rain. :(

Well done lads. A hell of an achievement and a nice few bob raised for two very deserving kids.
Thanks to Brian, Geraldine, Jockser and all who contributed to the whiparound at the High Kings runout as well.
If anybody's put it on the long finger, why not lodge something today.

Back
Top Bottom